Question of the day: Saturday March 23

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello everyone..

How brave are you?... Will you tell us:

What's a really embarrassing thing that has happened to you?

I should probably start the ball rolling since I'm asking you to embarrass yourselves all over again....

At a big country fair I was helping out in one of the main pavilions.  I saw an elderly chap whom I knew really well, chatting with someone.  Since whenever he saw me he used to pinch me on the bum (he was into his eighties so I decided to let him have his fun) I thought I'd give him some pay back, so I waltzed up to him and pinched him on the bum.  He turned around.  Wrong bloke.. total stranger..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mani, I love it! 

Many years ago, a friend was bringing me home from work as my car was in the garage and Rick and our son were away. I didn't know John that well as he had just started at the plant, but my place was on his way home and everybody said he was such a nice guy. John's truck was way off the ground; it was very high and I almost needed steps to get into the thing. But I managed and he took me home. We got to the bottom of the driveway and I said he could just let me off there; didn't make sense for him to have to go all the way up the driveway when I could just as easily walk.

Hopped out of the truck, slid on the mud and....slid right under the truck, flat on my back. I was mortified. I looked up in the air and John was leaning over trying to look out the passenger door. He asked me if I was OK and, of course, I was. Other than my pride. I managed to roll over and crawl out from under the truck. Looked back at John and he was trying his best not to laugh at me. Well, what could I do? I started laughing and John joined in. I also threatened him with all kinds of bodily injury should be tell anybody at work what happened. Once he made sure I was really OK, he left and I walked up the driveway. 

Mud from head to foot all over the back of me. Took what clothes I could take off outside and draped them in the lawn. My boots, my backpack....I left it all outside for the sun to dry. Grabbed a quick shower and dried my hair. The guys came home and asked me what in the world happened and why everything was in the yard. 

Went into work the next morning. John and I looked at each other and started laughing. As far I know, he never said a word to anybody ever. (He became one of my best friends until he died a few years ago.)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Back when I was about 15 I met a guy at a school dance, spent the whole evening dancing with and talking to him and gave him my telephone number. He called and came to our house a day or so later. When I introduced him to my parents, his reaction was really weird - he looked in his wallet and at the label in his jacket. When I asked what was wrong, he said he was checking out his name - I had it completely wrong!

I did almost the same thing when I first met my husband. I forgot his name, so on our first date I thought I'd be sneaky and just ask him how it was spelled. That didn't help much, though, because he replied that it was spelled the same in German and English.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Which time? :lol3: I do this on a fairly regular basis.

I've walked into the men's bathrooms at the movies, lost control of a bike and rode into a pond, then there was the time I was walking down the street with friends, the crosswalk was really far away and my feet hurt because we had been walking all day, so I announced very loudly that I was going to jay walk and crossed right there. There was a police officer behind me. :rolleyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Which time?
I do this on a fairly regular basis.

I've walked into the men's bathrooms at the movies, lost control of a bike and rode into a pond, then there was the time I was walking down the street with friends, the crosswalk was really far away and my feet hurt because we had been walking all day, so I announced very loudly that I was going to jay walk and crossed right there. There was a police officer behind me.
  Don't stop now, Karen.. Sounds like you're on a roll!

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine was swallowing my Dentist's contact lens. Yep. He was doing work on my mouth and the lens dropped right into my mouth. Before he could get it out I involuntarily swallowed and that was that. I was mortified and so was my Dentist. Thankfully we both got past it and all is well today. Since my Dentist is my brother, it's a good thing we can laugh about it now :nod: