Question of the Day, Saturday, June 10

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You took the words right out of my mouth! :agree:

My sister and I would cringe whenever my mother made liver. My father ate it so I guess he didn't mind but the mere thought of it, especially how it looks before it's cooked just makes me want to
I hear 'ya!! When I was very young my mother was anemic. had to have Vitamin B12 jabs, etc, so we had it
often,I would hide it in my napkin but after I headed for the bathroom after one bite she allowed me to not pass on it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love good cole slaw but I did not like the cole slaw my mother made. I think she used too much vinegar. My sister and I were comming back from a trip once and we stopped at a restaurant in Pa for something to eat. I got some cole slaw and it tasted just like my mothers. My aunt lived in Pa so we decided my mother must of gotten the receipe from her.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not really. My dad was gone most of the time (Navy) so there was no reason for her to make anything we didn't like. Plus my dad is extremely picky (ARFID) so even when he was home he never wanted anything crazy.

My mom is not a creative cook but isn't bad at it either. She just makes the same 5 things over and over, because that's all my dad will eat. I probably would have died from boredom already but it works for them I guess.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my dad was the cook of the family, not my mom :lol: He really enjoyed it and was quite good. But I never really liked French Onion Soup - Nothing wrong with it, it was made well, just wasn't to my taste. Still don't like it to this day.

But a favourite with my parents!