Question of the Day, Saturday February 25th, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a note that the Saturday Question of the Day is available! If you would like to do the Saturday Question every week, please send me a PM. :)

An easy one today. This also applies to vegetarian burgers. ;)

54413295_998002063723728_4691352804160176128_n.jpg

I'll go with mushrooms. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of things, but let's go with mustard... no, pickles... no, ketchup

....there's a lot of things.

I will say, though, I had a burger with peanut butter on it and it was delicious, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mustard. When I was a kid growing up in NY, mustard was never automatically put on a burger anywhere. Even fast food places. When DH and I moved to Denver I found out that they do and it's horrible. They do it here in Florida too. How annoying. Anytime I order a burger I now I have to specify no mustard and hope they actually listen.

DH and I were at Krystal once (similar to White Castle if you've never had it) and we ordered a case of sliders. I asked for half with no mustard. The woman behind us said, "I didn't think you could do that." Yeah. You sure can. She said she didn't want mustard either and so did a few other people too. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blasphemy!! :drool::lol:
When I was a kid my parents made Virginia 21-day pickles which are a sweet pickle. I liked them better than dill pickles but they still weren't something that I really liked. I think sweet pickles tend to be more a southern thing.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pickles, tomato sauce, onions, mustard, mayonnaise.

And I’d much rather a proper bread roll with a decent crust and sesame seeds than those awful soft sugar buns that seem to have spread everywhere in Macdonalds’ wake.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was a kid my parents made Virginia 21-day pickles which are a sweet pickle. I liked them better than dill pickles but they still weren't something that I really liked. I think sweet pickles tend to be more a southern thing.
I did get some amazing sweet pickles with a meal at this southern farm restaurant DHs parents took us to years ago.

If its pickled and something normal to eat; I probably like it. :rolleyes2: A few years ago I made several kinds from pickles from cukes from my garden. My favorite were the sweet ones from the recipe Winchester gave me that included cinnamon! I was skeptical but they were OhSoGood. I need to do that again this year.:drool: