Question of the Day, Saturday, February 24

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

My apologies for the late QoTD today. The nausea started early this morning and is lasting pretty much all day. I generally feel crappy.

It's that time of year again! The Girl Scout cookie season is upon us. What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie? Do you buy them?

Of course, we like Thin Mints. I also like Lemonades. And Caramel DeLites. Rick goes for Peanut Butter Patties.
GSC2024Two.jpg

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in Canada. Don’t know if we have Girl Scouts...🤨

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Both our daughters were in the Girl Scouts, one liked the thin mints best and the other liked the peanut butter sandwich. Unfortunately the supplier where we live, Salerno, no longer makes them here and I don't care for the the present supplier. Also, they charge $7.00 for a box of cookies. :eek:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Both our daughters were in the Girl Scouts, one liked the thin mints best and the other liked the peanut butter sandwich. Unfortunately the supplier where we live, Salerno, no longer makes them here and I don't care for the the present supplier. Also, they charge $7.00 for a box of cookies. :eek:
They are $6 a box here.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don’t buy them because they are expensive, but probably thin mints.

I really loved the ones that had animals on them, and were like a shortbread with chocolate coating on the back. But they discontinued them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorites are the Peanut Butter Sandwich, they are called DoSiDos here. Those are one of the old ones, they were called Butternut Roundups when I sold them many years ago. I also like the Trefoils, they are really good with coffee. I haven't bought them since before the pandemic, actually the year it started in 2019. They are overpriced. I used to really look forward to them but then get tired of them very quickly so I quit buying them.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to like the thin mints, but since I now avoid chocolate, I don't buy them any more. Besides, while I realize that it's a fund raiser, they are just too expensive for what you get.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Canada, we don't have Girl Scouts, but we do have Girl Guides. They sell Thin Mints in the fall and Chocolate and Vanilla Sandwich cookies (one sleeve choc and one sleeve vanilla in the same box) in the spring. Of course I love the Thin Mints, but the others are great too.
My Mom brought back a box of the Toast-Yay one time when she went to Boston...they were tasty. But I would love to try the Lemonades sometime...they look yummy...I'm assuming it's a sandwich cookie with lemon flavored icing?

Do your Girl Scouts still go door to door? Around here they don't do that anymore, they just set up a table outside a grocery store or something.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think too many people let their kids go door to door anymore except to neighbors, friends and relatives. A lot of parents will bring in the order form and hit up coworkers. They have booth sales on the weekends and some troops have started online sales. This got me started wanting Girl Scout cookies so I just bought some. They are selling them outside the Dunkin's close to me. I got a cup of coffee at Dunkin and two boxes of the peanut butter sandwich cookies and one box of the Trefoils. The shortbread is good with coffee.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4 Grandaughters in Girl Scouts - buy 4 boxes from each and give 8 to my Mom - mints and peanut butter, give 2 boxes to the neighbors 2 boxes here of mints and peanut butter and each girl gets to keep a box that they don't have to share...

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thin mints have been the only ones we've ever bought,and I haven't bought any in several years.Mostly because of his diabetes and I know how fast they'll be gone ,and also they are not cheap for such a small box.