Question of the Day, Saturday, December 9

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Let's talk about cookies. The size of your cookie. Are you a fan of larger cookies or do you like smaller cookies?

Around here, I use a 3-tablespoon size cookie scoop, which, when baked, makes a nice size cookie. Rick likes larger cookies. He'll still eat a good handful of cookies...doesn't matter how large or small they are.

The other day, I quadrupled a recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Now, the original recipe makes 54 cookies, using a heaping teaspoon. Ha! Quadrupling the recipe still only gave me almost 50 cookies, which is still less than what the original recipe calls for. I never get the amount of cookies I'm supposed to get from a recipe.

What's your preference?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the smaller cookies, not bite size ones but smaller ones. I am not as big a sweets person as I used to be. A large cookie might end up being more than I really want but I would feel that I needed to finish it. I could get a second smaller cookie if I wanted it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on the cookie. I typically use my medium scoop. Some just don’t cook as well too large or too small. Sometimes the extra large are just too rich to finish in one go and that feels weird. Like wasteful or will it stay soft like that? So I eat more than I would actually like. Its hard to break the “that’s wasteful” “clear your plate” mindset over food. I’m doing a lot better not overdoing it with sweets; but right now it still feels wiser to keep them whatever size the recipe calls for.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use my pampered chef cookie scoop,and I believe it's a tablespoon.Makes a smaller cookie,and it may seem like I've made a truck load of them,they are small.However,hubby will go in the cookie box and grab a handful...so maybe 5,so they need to be small.I don't ever pay any attention to how many the recipe says it should make.I just do my thing and go on.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I make Anzacs.. that's about all of my 'cookie' repertoire (here they're called biscuits), and I like them large, crunchy and soft in the middle.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either size is fine. I'm not much into cookies anymore as I'm trying to keep my weight down.