Question of the Day, Saturday, August 5

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

MoveCouch.jpeg

In my case, we decided to move the stove. Toys galore under that stove! And under the hutch in the kitchen. And under the bed. Molli has a toy that she carries around in her mouth, talks to, yells at, and brings to bed. Tabby has "Whitey" a little white mouse. She used to have Pinky, a pink mouse, that she took every where. She'd walk into the living room, see Pinky, yell "Pinky!" and leap on the poor mouse. When Pinky lost all semblance of micehood (fur rubbed off, no tail), we discretely threw her into the trash. Now, it's "Whitey!" and the same kind of leap from Tabby. She carries Whitey everywhere.

BooBoo used to chase toys during the night. They'd fly under the stove and then, Boo would start yelling. "Mom? Mom! Get my ball! MOM!" at 2:00 in the morning. "Go to bed, Boo!" "MOM!" Knowing any kind of sleep was futile until the ball was found, I'd get out of bed, grab the yardstick on top of the fridge, and look for the offending ball under the stove. Only to have it go back under the stove five minutes later. "MOM!" No wonder I was blurry-eyed in the morning.

Where do you find the most kitty toys? Are there any favorites with your kids?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wherever my toddler puts them. I think she grabs the kitty toys more than they do and I often find them in toys bins or scattered around other toys.

To be fair, I've seem them batting around some of her toys, too, so it's somewhat mutual toy sharing.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For some odd reason Carleton likes to push them under my husband's dresser. No particular toy, just whatever suits his fancy. :biggrin:
Neely was great at hiding toys. To this day we never found some of her favorites or maybe I just need to clean better. :wink: Another cat, Rocky who was deathly afraid of thunderstorms would hide under our couch and bring his toys with him. Too many other cats to name but these are just a few.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan bats her little mice and sparkle balls in to the storage closet. There's a rather big gap under the door. When I vacuum, I find a bunch in there so every week, she gets to knock them back under after hiding from the vacuum.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is pretty neat with his catnip toys. He keeps them on the scatter rug, in front of the fireplace.
The balls are a different story: under the bed, under any and all furniture. He loses interest in them, very fast. Occasionally, he will bat them around. He is lazy about going after them. Go figure??

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The balls are a different story: under the bed, under any and all furniture. He loses interest in them, very fast. Occasionally, he will bat them around. He is lazy about going after them. Go figure??
:lol:its the whole work smarter not harder mindset applied for his toys.its much easier for him to allow you to dig em all out from under the furniture so he can lose em all again:biggrin:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dogs want all of their toys in my bedroom and since they think some of the cat toys are also theirs, there are a few in my bedroom as well. Most of the cats' toys are in my craft room in a bag because I was cleaning and just threw them all in there temporarily. I haven't gotten around to actually taking them out again.

Right now, my cats are really liking these mice that I got from Chewy. Maisie's favorite toy has always been this green, oddly shaped ball that the rescue gave me because they knew it was her favorite. I don't know where it went though. Remy likes Q-tips and other trash. Flora loves stick toys.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When Willow was younger she played bed hockey all night, leaving literally dozens of toys under my bed every night. Now that she is older the game is she knocks a few springs or puff balls under the sofa and then lays there staring at me until I also get down on the floor and pull them out.

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We find them under the stove and the sofa. And twice, A live chipmunk with the toys! I couldn't understand why I kept hearing a soft chirp, and thought, "Wait a minute. They don't have any toys that make sounds." Then, I saw the cats staring under the sofa...DH got him out safely.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Charlotte doesn't really hide toys. i work from home and five mornings a week for about three hours every morning she tries to distract me, I think she is trying to get me to play hooky. There are always a lot of toys under and around where I work. Patches and Alice always put toys under the couch.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the doxies,I have to be careful what things the cats play with.Sure as anything if they found a mouse or something similar,they'd eat it! My guys don't play much.....other than Penny and Cookie,they're all getting up there in age and are rather sedentary, but they do like rinsed out empty script bottles,gatorade bottle lids,crumpled paper wads,the stuff left over after you eat grapes.Most things end up under the buffet in the dining room or under the stove.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch occasionally pulls things from her toy bucket; but they don’t go far. Mostly she chooses a Yeoww brand something stuffed with catnip. She calmly enjoys it and thats it.

When she was younger we had toys in the usual places. Her favorite place to play was the bathtub though!

Last summer we moved some furniture and found a long forgotten mouse. The fur had disintegrated off it and left an outline around it when I picked it up. It looked like a mousie crime scene. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of their toys are in an unused cat bed that's in their room. They don't really play with toys. They do have a couple of catnip mice in the living room but they really don't touch them. Sophie loves cardboard boxes and panics if she sees me getting things ready to out to the recycle bin. :lol: