Question of the Day, Saturday, April 6

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you make a grocery list before shopping? Or do you "wing it"? Do you use coupons at all?

I pretty much keep a running list. As I open the last container of something, I add it to my list. I use my list primarily for shopping at Sam's Club, but if I need milk or Rick needs creamer, I'll make a short Giant list. I use digital coupons for Giant runs. When we get the Sam's booklet, I'll check to see what's on sale and add those items to my list if I need them.

How do you shop for your groceries?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that it is just me, I just wing it. When the kids were still at home I kept a list as well as look at the different ads.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If it's a big shopping I make a list and use coupons. DH likes to check the local sales before we go.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
As I run out of or low on things throughout the week, I add them to a handwritten list. I download digital coupons and use those and Kroger Pay on my phone during checkout. I don’t really do impulse shopping unless I see a regularly purchased item on sale.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely make a list. My grocery app has digital coupons that I use. I don't shop in person anymore. Do it online and schedule a pick up for the next day.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kinda keep a running list and when a need comes up I try and remember to add it.I used to be religious about using coupons but they don't come with the paper anymore,so I guess that's a no.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm back on my diet, so definitely a list maker (and coupons whenever possible).

When not on my diet, I tend to be a little more "wing it", but it usually ends up being less than ideal as far as what I purchase.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a list app on my phone and add to it whenever I think of something. I have a separate list for each store I go to.

If I didn't have a list I'd forget everything I actually needed and would buy everything I didn't actually need.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since switching to grocery pickup DH and I mostly just add stuff as we go. Then Sunday evening I text DD and ask DS what they need or requests they have for breakfast and lunch.

occasionally I do make a list for other stores on my phone.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely go into the grocery store and do a lot of pickup orders, so a listed isn't needed. When I do go in the store, I do write out a list because once I'm in a store, my mind goes completely blank and I can't think about anything, especially not meal planning.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm back on my diet, so definitely a list maker (and coupons whenever possible).

When not on my diet, I tend to be a little more "wing it", but it usually ends up being less than ideal as far as what I purchase.
I have been working on cleaning up my diet for a while now. Not so much for weight loss though I have lost a little weight, I was starting to get some borderline high blood pressure readings. I stick to the outside ring of the store. I only go down a specific aisle if I need something like a spice or dried herb that I don't have. It definitely helps with avoiding the things that I shouldn't have.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do the primary grocery shopping . My DW handles that. Though when I go I usually take a list. Where does one find digital coupons ?

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do make a list, especially since DH does most of the shopping. He has done most of the cooking recently. Though I love to cook, both are greatly appreciated. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rarely, these days. I don't have to buy much, mainly breakfast and lunch food and bathroom stuff for myself - dinner is supplied by the village and P&D's food and meds are bought online.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i order online and have it delivered. been doing this since i have not been able to find a helper going on 2 years,
i use a list but order 24 hours in advance so i can add on if need be.