Question of The Day. Saturday 6th of March.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello.

:wave3:

What colour is your hair? Do you like your natural colour? Have you ever dyed it? How did it turn out?

I think my natural colour is just mid brown, but I've been putting semi-permanent dyes and colour treatments in it since I was a teenager, so I haven't seen that colour in a long time. I usually go for dark red colours, but I went to art college so tried the obligatory pinks, purples, greens and blues while I was there.

❤💜🧡💙💚💙🧡💜❤

Tangerine and Fire Red were a bit of a disaster with my skin tone, but I really liked the Midnight Blue.

1615086657714.png
1615086621472.png

I had my hair streaked and coloured red a few years ago. It looked OK at first, but after being streaked a few times it started to look a bit fried. I gave up using those harsh, chemical dyes and I've just been using henna recently. My hair is in much better condition now but the colour isn't very exciting. I'm starting to wonder what Deep Purple would look like.

What about you, do you colour your hair?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve never colored my hair. It is naturally a light brown, and in the summer it turns even lighter, especially the ends. I don’t have any particular feelings towards my hair color, although I’ve always loved natural red hair (though I doubt it would work with my skin tone! :lol: ) Every once in a while it sort of looks red in certain light. If I did ever dye my hair and it was guaranteed to look good, I would probably end up dying it an Auburn/red.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is a medium brown. I used to dye my hair but I haven't done it in almost 10 years probably. I always wanted to be a redhead so in high school, I often dyed my hair red. I hit my mid-20s before I just stopped dyeing it all together. I'm almost 35 and haven't seen a lot (if any) gray hair, but even if I did, I probably wouldn't start dyeing it again anyway.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What colour is your hair? Do you like your natural colour? Have you ever dyed it? How did it turn out?
My present color is medium brown with red undertones. When I was younger my hair was golden brown. I started dying my hair in college - we had streaking/frosting parties and would make a large bowl of color then use tin foil to wrap our hair for the streaks.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair was dark brown it's now gray. I've dyed my hair all different colours. In my late teens early 20s I was blonde then went to red's. In my 30s to early 40s I started dying it purples, blues, then stuck with ravan black for a few years. I haven't dyed it in about 6 years I've decided to love my gray after fighting it off since my early 30s. When I decided to let my gray show I went back to blonde because it was less noticeable while my gray grew. I love my gray now.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Medium brown with a few gray hairs, unfortunately. I had reddish highlights at some point, but got too lazy to keep them up. Now that I'm spotting a gray here or there, I'd like to get them covered up. Whether with the auburn highlights again or my natural brown is fine. Or maybe a few shades darker.

I dreamed of either having red or black hair when I was younger. Never considered blonde - I don't think it would go with my skin tone.

I just really wanted curly hair.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My hair is a medium to darker golden brown. It depends on which way I part it and sometimes how much I’ve been in the sun. I’ve had people assume I dyed my hair just by parting it to the side instead of the center.

You can tell I’ve had some fairy visits by the sparkles they’ve left behind too. DD thought that was cool when she was younger. Fairies are pretty awesome. 😉

I have no real desire to change my hair color. I like my natural color and it seems like way too much effort to keep up with roots. At this point its been over a year since my last trim but even before the pandemic I was not in a salon chair more than 3 times a year tops. Usually just 2. And I don’t see me trying home dyes either.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is a dark reddish-brownish black (looks black until the light hits it). I have never even once dyed it. I think I'd have to bleach the crap out of it to get any lighter color, and I don't want to do that, and it would be hard to go darker, lol. I always wanted to be a redhead so I'd try for an auburn if I did dye it, but that probably wouldn't go with my skin tone.

At my first job I worked with a girl who was platinum blonde, and she regularly colored her hair bright colors (must have been temporary color, because she sometimes changed it every day). Neon pink, bright blue, electric purple. I was so jealous!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Boring dark brown, began wih henna when I spotted my first grey hair at 29, then gradually went blonde with lots
of highlights. I like it best blonde. Now it is a deep violet color by Feria from the drugstore Blonde is way too
expensive for me to keep up.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is blond that has darkened with age. I have natural high and low lights mixed thru.
I used to dye my hair in Highschool and part of College, but stopped, and so my hair is back to it's natural blond/dark blond mix color.
I should add though that I am also going grey (found my first grey when I was 21). It's a really pretty silver color that is very reflective/shiny and I actually like it, so I'm just letting my hair do it's thing. A LOT of grey has popped up in the last 2-3 years and I get asked all the time where I got my highlights done...I just laugh and tell them it's just my grey hair....I always get in response..."Oh wow your lucky...it's such a pretty color...people have to pay big bucks for that!"

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Medium Brown. When I was younger I tried different home kits with varying results. For about 10 years before the pandemic started I got heavy highlights and lowlights put in, I would only get it done maybe 3 times a year and it wasn't noticeable because of the way it grew out. Because I keep my hair short they have completely grown out now. I have some gray and the effect is about the same just different colors. I probably won't mess with color again unless I end up with the nasty looking yellowish gray. They have semi permanent color rinses for the yellowing, that is probably all I will do if necessary from now on.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally my hair was almost black and curly. As I got older, it became a very mousy brown. I started coloring it auburn in my late teens and that became "my" color. Now, I'm letting it grow out to silver, grey, and white. Since I retired and we went into quarantine not long after, it seemed like a good idea to see what my hair looks like. So far, although I have a way to go, I like it. I probably have at least another year to go and once the white gets down to my shoulders, I'll have the rest of my hair cut off. Right now, it's down to right around my ears, longer in some spots.

I will say that it's nice not to hit the salon every month for root touch-ups.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is about 75% dark brown and the rest is white with streaks of it around my face and now at the back. I will be 70 in a few months and thankful my color has lasted this long. When I was younger, until around 50, I would color it myself to add highlights and because I though I was going grey. But then I decided I wanted to see my natural color and stopped. Turned out I hardly had any gray or white hair and I have left it alone since.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is an ugly grey with some light brown mixed in. My mother had beatiful silver hair but I am not that lucky. Everybody thought she dyed her but she did not. I have never dyed my hair but I wouldn't mind dying it a light to medium brown. I am 71 but would love to have my mother's pretty silver.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dirty or dark blonde naturally, which is what it is right now. I dyed my hair red during my teen years, went almost platinum in my early 20's then gradually worked my way back to my more natural colour (Quite the adventure lol) I've had balayage and highlights done the past couple of years.

I'll get some more highlights this spring to perk it up a wee bit, once the busyness of the newly-opened salons after lockdown #2 taper down a little bit. But yup, happy with my blondness!