Question of The Day. Saturday 6th of February.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

:purr:

Do your cats have nicknames? Not all of mine do, but the ones with the most personality have earnt themselves a nickname.

Sophie is known as Sophalicious.
Mia is called Mia the Minx or Minxie Princess.
Hiro probably thinks his name is Hiro Cutitout! but he also goes by Brave Sir Hiro or Destructor Kitty.
His brother Jiro is known as Ninja Kitty.
Little Boy is called The Blob at times, but he is on a diet so hopefully he won't get called that for much longer.

The rest of them all get called Boo, because I don't always have time to call out their individual names.

What nicknames do your cats have?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little longhaired red Tommy has always been called Yammy because he is the same color as a yam. He also has the second nickname of 'chicken monster', because of his constant begging at the fridge for a bite of shredded chicken. For three years now! One chicken a week means 52 chickens a year! He gets his regular food too. Dutch is really a nickname that became my second boy's name. He was SO sick when he was a kitten and a stray, he had a HUGE black mustache that my husband said looked just like those pictures of early dutch men. It was from bacteria developing on his constantly running nose. He was skin and bones and stopped eating completely. my husband finally caught him because he was too weak to run. He cleaned his packed nose and forced some water and OTC Kitten Rescue Medicine we had on hand. He started eating and survived. He, his brother Yammy, and his mother were all neutered/spayed and are our remaining cats now. Strictly inside cats now since a diagnosis of leukemia 16 months ago. They are all fat and sassy and so far, so good!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparkle is nearly always called Farfle (I believe niece and or nephew had trouble saying Sparkle, so that's how it happened).

Lelia has a ton! Leelees a lot, pretty girl, baby girl, weirdo... I'm sure there's more, but those are most often.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cosette, of course, gets called Cosy quite often.
Domino sometimes gets called Dommy.
TV is "teeny, tiny, little Miss TV" or sometimes just "Little Miss" (she may have been the runt of her litter, the kittens Jemmy and Leo are already bigger than she is, and Domino, a 14 pounder, is presumed to be her littermate).

Circe and Autumn don't really have nicknames, although sometimes we call Autumn "Camo Cat" for her extraordinary ability to blend (she's calico). Leo doesn't really give itself to nicknames, and Jemmy already feels like a nickname.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sparkle is nearly always called Farfle
I didn't read this carefully enough and thought you said Fartie. :lol:

Carleton has different nicknames depending on what he's doing at the moment, e.g. when he's asleep and looking adorable it's Precious Baby Boy but when he's up to mischief or playful it's Monkey.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have many, and very few make sense:

Indy: Indite, Indio, Dana (her shelter name), Day, Daney, Daney Waney, Daners, Danite, Windy (from when she farted a lot as a kitten)

Tango: T, TT, Teeters, Pep, Peppy, Peppy Weppy, Pepite, Pepita, Pepito, Pepperoni, Fiona (her shelter name), and one I don't know how to even spell, but it's pronounced sort of like Tea-son. All the peppy names originated last spring when she had a cold. I could tell when she wasn't feeling well because she wasn't acting peppy like usual. Once she got better, I started calling her Peppy, and it snowballed from there. :lol:

Echo: Eek, Eck, Eckers, Ecky, Ecky Wecky, Eckite, Eco, Ee-cho, Genevieve (her shelter name), Gen, Genny.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goodness yes so many other names for both of our girls.

Luna Moonshadow (her registered name), we call Googie most of the time. Other names include LunaBee, BeeBee, Trouble, Boopboop, Boo, Chaos and more.

Cocoabean is usually called Beans along with The Beans, Beanie, Pretty Girl, Love Bug, Bug, Coco and Good Girl.

You can easily see the difference our two have in personality by their nicknames LOL

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mollipop - MolliPolli, Schnooker Jo, MolliStop! (with the exclamation point), Baby Girl, Babe
Tabby - TabbyBabby, GetOffTheCounter! (with the exclamation point)
Muffin - MuffinStuffin, The Muffinator (Rick calls her Muffy bc he knows that annoys me to no end)
Amber Louise - Amber the Bamber, Miss Amber

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tintin is Monsieur, Plumpy or Tinny

Phryne is The Honourable Miss Phryne Fisher, PhryPhry or Little Calico

Liffey is Liffey-wiffey, Lif, Pudgy Monster or the Little Irish Girl

BatBat is Missy, Little Miss, The Evil One (It's a playful nickname, having fun with it since she is a black cat!)

Bijou is Bibi, Bobcat, Beebuns or Lynxie

Morgana is Morganarama, Mini Gaga or Kiki

Tippy Toes is Captain Tippy Toes, Tip, Tippy, Tippy Wippy or Little Sailor

And I call all the girls "Pretty Girl" :)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of them do.
Tara: Whack-a-Doodle and Stalker2
Astrid: Alien, Dork, Stalker1
Simon: Handsome Fellow
Fennimore: Big Boy
Iroh: No nickname for him
Freya: Little Baby
Iris: Lil One
Juniper: No nickname for her
Jasper: Chubbers and Chubber Butt
Evangeline: Piggy, Piggy Piggy, and Princess (that is her title, actually)
Cassian: No nickname for him
Xanthippe: No nickname for her

It is not that we do not like the ones we have not given nicknames! They just do not have them.