Question Of The Day. Saturday 5th Of January.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, welcome to the first weekend of 2019.

:wave3:

Easy question for you today: How's the weather?

I decided to ask this question because usually by the end of December it's below freezing all the time here and we have at least 10 cm of snow. This winter is weirdly warm though. There hasn't been any snow at all and it's not even that cold yet, by mountain standards.

Today it's cloudy, very dry and about 4C.

How's your weather?

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's very wet and windy here on Long Island, NY. It's been warm here as well and we had one snowfall early in the season but nothing else.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was 50F here in Chicago today, and I meant to open a window to get a bit of fresh air but forgot. We are usually in the depths of winter with around a foot of snow on the ground. This is the part of global warming I like. If this continues, I can plant some azaleas.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been warmer and wetter here. It is supposed to be colder here the latter half of next week but it still isn't supposed to be the brutal cold that we often have this time of year.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In the low 50F range all day with clouds threatening to rain. They've been predicting 100% chance of rain all day but it keeps changing. Originally they said at 3pm, then 9pm, now 2am is when the main part of the storm should hit. We have had a little bit of sprinkles recently so maybe the 2am will be the true time.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
We set a yearly record for rainfall in 2018. Of course having two hurricanes go through did not help. It has rained for most of the last two weeks. Tomorrow and four days after it should be clear!! I'm excited!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's a slushy mess. It snowed just about all day yesterday, but is now raining. I just hope it doesn't freeze tonight and make the roads impassable.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was around 50 here too, very unusual. We normally have a January thaw but not usually that high. They're threatening an arctic blast laster in the month though. Hope that misses us.

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was in the mid 40s and sunny here yesterday, both of which are unusual for this time of year in Pittsburgh. We had a winter storm back in November that brought snow, ice and a power outage, but nothing really since. This whole winter has been warm.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had rain on Saturday up until noon or so, then the sun started to come out around mid-afternoon. But it was gusty and chilly pretty much all day. Today is a high of 46 with some sunshine. But winds are still to be a bit gusty at around 20 mph.

Normally, by this time, we are covered in snow. Other than that bad storm back in mid-November, though, and a few wee storms here and there that may have dropped a covering or so on the ground, our precip has been mainly rain. So far.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a high overcast with temps in the mid-to-upper 30s, with wind speeds in the teens.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was sunny and about 50F here (Chicago suburb)! That's very unusual for this time of year.
Yes, it was a teaser for sure but next weekend will be a different story and winter will return. However, the past 2 days have definitely been a plus as far as weather this time of year so you have to get out and appreciate it while you can. :wink:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's around 30*F here. Not too bad. I plan on going for a walk later, so I won't have to dress like I'm going to Antarctica this time. ;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday (saturday) was in the mid-40's and sunny! :yess: but the temp dropped overnight and we saw snow for a while this morning...which has all melted already. :clap: it's mid-30's today and overcast.