Question of The Day. Saturday 4th of April

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello.

What movies do you want to watch while you're sheltering in place? Are there any movies that everyone else seems to have seen but you missed? Seen any good movies lately?

I want to watch Lion, the movie about the Indian boy who got on a train by mistake and ended up thousands of miles from home. I'd also like to see Wild, the one about the girl hiking the PCT alone.

There are loads of famous movies that I've never seen. I never saw ET (But I did see Eraser Head and the baby in that looks a lot like ET. :fear:) I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, or read the books for that matter. I haven't seen any Star Wars or Star Trek movies either, I tend to get the two muddled up. I don't think I've seen more than one or two Disney movies either.

I saw Rocket Man last night, well the first half of it anyway. Boooooring! It was just like watching one long music video. There wasn't really anything about the characters to keep you engaged, the dialogue was flimsy and there was no story either. I don't think I'll bother watching the second half.

What movies are you interested in?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a bunch of movies on DVDs, as well as old favorite TV shows if we get too bored. We lean towards the old classics, mostly, like The African Queen, or Drums Along the Mohawk, or the original Magnum P.I., or CSI, for example.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently rewatched the Mummy (1999) and the Fifth Element (1997) The plots are pretty similar actually!
My favorite types of films are actually action comedies (most Jackie Chan movies, for instance-it's a genre Asian moviehouses do really well. My other favorites are Hong Kong's "Two Thumbs Up", China's "Lobster Cop", and Korea's "Veteran") and slacker comedies (Wayne's World, Airheads, etc) I like fun, campy, well-paced movies. Nothing heavy and nothing overly processed (I really don't enjoy superhero movies)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been watching a lot of movies, to be honest. TV shows, yes, but movies not so much. I did watch Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse last night. I'm not into comic book movies, but I heard this one was really good, so I thought I'd check it out. It was okay and had a good story, but again, I'm not a comic book person, so I don't really think my opinion holds much value.

I have a lot of movies that I put on request through interlibrary loan, but the libraries closed and all of those movies are currently stuck in limbo until we reopen.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen any Star Wars or Star Trek movies either, I tend to get the two muddled up.
As someone who loves both, I cannot understand how you get them muddled! Haha! They are very different.

I normally watch a lot of tv or movies, although often I have them on for noise because I have a fear of silence.

I am currently watching Colossal, a film I think is underrated. After this, I think I may watch Hot Fuzz. Tonight, we are renting The Invisible Man.

I am a Marvel fan, but some DC movies are okay. Wonder Woman was a lot of fun.

I also enjoy old films. I have been wanting to watch "All This and Heaven Too" and "Young Bess."

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't watched any movies yet as I'm more of a series person, but I do want to watch Emma and Parasite at some point, as well as 1917 and Jojo Rabbit.
We watch 1917 a couple of days ago. It was wonderful but extremely stressful. Have you seen Dunkirk yet? If so, it had the same stressful feel to it. We had to watch an episode of Parks and Rec afterward to get rid of that tenseness. Even after that, my husband had a difficult time going to sleep.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few movies I have recorded from YouTube TV. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and I will probably watch Moana again. (Love adventure/quest type movies, though this one has too much singing.) Also a Thin Man movie. And Pride and Prejudice - the one with Greer Garson and Sir Laurence Olivier. I know it's nothing like the book, but I still love that movie.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hardly ever watch movies.

I did watch the new Aladdin with my mom (she just got Disney+) a few weeks ago but I suppose that's out now. I thought it was pretty good.

I should get her Disney+ password and see if I can find a spot in my house that gets a strong enough internet signal to watch a movie.

I was just thinking I wanted to watch Muppets Treasure Island again. That was one of my favorites back when it came out. I bet that's on Disney+.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been catching up on my videogame backlog instead, I haven't had much interest in movies lately.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've wanted to watch Kiki's Delivery Service ever since I was little. This would be a great time to finally watch it to have a nice distraction from everything that's going on lately.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
One of my friends loves Stranger Things on Netflix, so I started watching that tonight. I often enjoy kid's stuff if it's good..not sure about this one yet.
I'm really more of a book (actual or audio) person, but I'm going to lash out since I got a Netflix subscription. I am not going to watch the big cat thing.. there's a whole lot of fuss about it, even over here, but it just isn't my thing at all.