Question Of The Day. Saturday 2nd Of June.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello. :hellosmiley:

What do you binge watch?

I don't have a TV, so anything I watch is either on YouTube or DVD. I really like to watch something if I have sewing to do, so my hands can do one thing while my brain does another.

I'll binge watch documentaries, anything about history or wildlife, animal rescue shows, medical documentaries about unusual surgeries, rare diseases, mystery illnesses or birth defects.

My absolute favourite are those shows where they go into a run down, untidy, hoarded house and transform it. I'm such a cleaning geek, I love seeing how the place looks in the end.

How about you, anything you like to binge watch?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Norachan, we both like the same subject matter and only watch Youtube and DVDS. I do have a TV, but I haven't watched regular TV since last November. We only use it to stream Youtube.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I binge-watch sitcoms, with the exception of Kitchen Nightmares. Lately, I've been going through every season of Night Court I have.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the last show i 'binge watched' was season 5 of Orphan Black -- which finally, after a couple years or more, became available ('included with Prime') on amazon instant video. i watched it over several days.

i usually watch one tv show for several or a bunch of episodes, then switch to another show. :D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello. :hellosmiley:

What do you binge watch?

I don't have a TV, so anything I watch is either on YouTube or DVD. I really like to watch something if I have sewing to do, so my hands can do one thing while my brain does another.

I'll binge watch documentaries, anything about history or wildlife, animal rescue shows, medical documentaries about unusual surgeries, rare diseases, mystery illnesses or birth defects.

My absolute favourite are those shows where they go into a run down, untidy, hoarded house and transform it. I'm such a cleaning geek, I love seeing how the place looks in the end.

How about you, anything you like to binge watch?
On Netflix I love Trailer Park Boys ( AKA Canada's greatest gift to the world), Frasier and Lillehammer (Netflix original series that starred Steven Van Zandt. If you liked The Sopranos, you'd love this show. Silvio was one of my favorites on that show and this one is almost like he got a spinoff. Different character of course. On Hulu I like to watch The Golden Girls. Sex and the City on Amazon Prime streaming. I don't have regular TV service. I shut it off in 2013. I don't miss it.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
lately Ive been binge-watching anime's. Mostly vampire related ones.

My favorite- Hellsing (and Hellsing Ultimate)
Blood Lad
Black Blood Brothers

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not big on TV, but I do like to tape episodes of Dateline and watch a few of them on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The last show I actually binge watched was season 4 of Orphan Black. I haven't watched season 5 yet, and I hope I don't get spoiled!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I binge watch. If there's a series I haven't seen or at least not in a long while.
Since the 29th, Twitch has been having a classic Doctor Who marathon, only the complete episodes. Some of the non-complete episodes were very good, but they're not airing those. 3-4 stories (around 6 hrs) Mon-Fri until mid July, so I've been only here during the break.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had time to binge watch anything in ages! I don't even know whats available on Netflix to binge right now.

DH and the kids are binge watching The Flash so I'm catching some of that.

In the past I like more lighthearted sitcoms like The Golden Girls or Friends. Or DIY/HGTV/History type shows. Like Property Brothers, Bath Crashers, Salvage Dawgs, etc. We've binged watched NCIS too. I have to watch the language and content with kids around so some things get passed over because of that.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I binged watch The Rain on Netflix a couple of weeks ago which disappointed me because now I want to watch it again and it doesn't have a second series as of yet. I'm also re-binge watching Friends on Netflix.
I regularly binge-watch other comedy shows such as Miranda, Father Ted, Friday Night Dinner, Gavin and Stacey; and binge-watched the Israeli television series Beauty and the Baker with a friend last year quite a few times.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE binge watching anything I haven't seen in 10-15 years but am familiar with. It's so fun to not remember much but have it come swarming into your brain the second the credits are over.
I also binge watch a few channels I'm subbed to on you tube, one channel I like so well I put a notification on my phone that will beep whenever a new video has been uploaded:anticipation:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whenever I see that Law & Order is on I watch it. I just can't stop myself :D

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although some of it is a bit repetitive, I love binge-watching The Carbonaro Effect. Laughter is a great medicine.
:biggrin: :lol::crackup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have not binge watched since my daughters lived at home. Our favorites to watch together were: Gilmore Girls, Law & Order SVU, and some of the movies directed by John Hughes.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ A few years ago I watched several episodes of Route 66 & 77 Sunset Strip . Very nostalgic ! `:blush:
These days I rarely watch TV ...

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hopelessly hooked on Deadliest Catch. I have 49 of them on the DVR right now, plus some special ones. I also have the first 11 seasons on DVD. I just can't get enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
greys anatomy, naked and afraid, hoarders, anything science-plants-animals-chemicals. Alaskan survival shows
Yes, these all sound good! I haven't seen any Alaskan survival shows, but they sound like my kind of thing.

:thumbsup:

I regularly binge-watch other comedy shows such as Father Ted,
Oh, I remember Father Ted! Did you know that shortly after filming the last episode of the final season (and if I remember correctly just a few days before it was shown on TV) the actor who played Father T died?

Knowing that gives the last episode a really poignant twist.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The last time I binge watched it was when I was really ill.. I made my way through Hinterland, a Welsh detective drama. Oh, and I binge watched Wild Wild West, the Osho Doco.