Question of The Day. Saturday 29th of February.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always overbuy. It's hard for me to pass up a sale on something I know I'll use. So I have too much toilet paper, food (for cats, dogs, and humans), shampoo, hand soap, etc. I'm trying to make myself use things up before I buy new, but I'm sure I'll always have a couple weeks' worth around at all times.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jem Jem I have an electronic water softener. It's called Clear Wave. It's a small, hand size widget with a wire sticking out of each end. Fasten to cold water inlet pipe (by the well tank, in my case.) One wire wraps around pipe clock wise, the other goes widdershins. Plug cord into electric outlet. Keeps calcium from depositing on pipes. Water will taste better and you'll need less soup for laundry, shampoo for your hair.

Would a Britta water filter help?

Or, next time you are out and about stop in at a sporting goods store, something like REI, Eastern Mountain Sports, even Cabelas. Tell them you need a water filter for hard water. They'll sell you something to pour water through to filter it.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jem Jem Jem Jem I have an electronic water softener.
Getting a water softener is on our list of many things to do for the house....just have to get around to doing them :paperbag: and of course have to keep saving $$$ to pay for them. We had a tough couple of years...but things seem to be getting on the up and up!

Water will taste better and you'll need less soup for laundry
What kind of soup do you use? Does it work better than detergent?;)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself......:devilish:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Auto correct spell checker will be the ruination of me! Watch out for noodle soup, the noodles tend to clog the filter.

I do not like the chemical water softeners. Told Himself that if that's what he insisted on it could only go on the hot water line. I would not drink softened water, cook with it, water plants with it.

Fortunately there are options out there.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We'd probably be okay for a month or so. I just stocked up on cat food, their flea meds came in the mail last week, and had picked up my own Rx. I don't have much fresh produce on hand, but we have plenty of canned and frozen things. I've got a closet full of paper supplies.

Now let's hope we don't have to find out how long we could survive on what we have on hand. :eek3:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heard that covid-19 has been confirmed, single case, in Manhattan (that's NYC, for foreigners who might not be familiar with the five boroughs.) And people were lined up for two blocks to get into a Trader Joe's. Pasta sold out by noon. Make's me feel more forethoughtful / sensible about what I've prepped.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to use up the food I have so it's easier when I move in two weeks, so I probably wouldn't last long. I have way too much deodorant though. I think I have 9 sticks...? I just always thought I needed more and when it was on sale and I had coupons I'd buy more. I did a big clean a couple of months ago and that was when I discovered how much I really had. I'm set for several months at least for smelling okay.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a food hoarder so I have 6 months of canned and frozen foods plus cat food. I have about two weeks of fresh food and about 6 months of tp, Bounty, bottled water and 3 months of my medicine. I can't drink anymore of my beloved diet coke anymore so I don't need any of that.