Question of The Day. Saturday 19th of April.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi everyone, how are you coping with the lock down?

I'm trying to think of it as my own personal retreat, so I'm doing things like having a spa day and colouring my hair whenever I have too much time on my hands.

Are you a bath or a shower person? Mornings or evenings? What kind of products do you use to treat yourself?

I prefer baths. It's very cold in the part of Japan I live in, so a hot bath before bed time is the best way to warm up and get a good night's sleep. I love Kneipp products. Somehow it just doesn't feel right to have a "plain" bath. In the summer I take showers in the morning. I've got quite a collection of shower gels and moisturizers in herbal or floral scents.

What do you like for your spa days?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shower every single morning, I can't stand the funk that builds up if I skip even one day. I won't date anyone that doesn't shower daily either. When the power goes out, it's like torture to me, but luckily we have a generator now.

I use shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, face wash. I really shouldn't be using scented products because of my sensitive skin, but I like vanilla or coconut shower gel.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually shower, but I can enjoy a bath now and then. I still have some bath bombs from Lush to use!

I totally splurge on Lush shampoo bars and shower gel. I don't wear makeup most of the time, so that's my little beauty splurge.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have a tub because the bathroom is tiny. I shower in the morning, using a scented shower gel followed up by scented body lotion. I don't stick to any particular brand, though. It's a question of liking the scent and it being available in both gel and lotion or body butter form.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a shower and I like to do it an hour before bedtime. The tub was good for hot soaking to help speed the recovery of my broken leg, but that is the only time I have used the tub in years. I use Alaffia lime coconut shampoo and Dial hypoallergenic soap.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a long bath but time is always limited for me. Lol How is it everyone else seems to have MORE time right now. I have less. Lol I shower to wake up in the morning and again to relax before bed. I use lemon or jasmine scented products. I love good soaps, gels, shampoos and conditioners as well as lotions. I did buy some bath salts as a treat for this time of sheltering. Rose scented. Growing up I always loved my mother’s rose water lotion.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take showers at night. On very, very rare occasions, I take a bath, but I have to have my husband help me in and out of the tub because my left leg is pretty useless. I would take more baths if getting in and out was not so scary. I do not wash my hair every time I shower, though. It is not good for it and I am not sweaty or someone who produces a lot of sebum at my roots.

I do not use anything fancy in the shower; however, I do like to do hair treatments because I am somewhat vain about my hair. (It is hip-length and a dark cinnamony auburn.) Before I wash it, twice a week, I mix black seed oil and lavender oil together and rub it into my scalp. After I get out of the shower, I section out my hair and put a little rosehip seed oil on the ends. I let it dry naturally for a while and then use a round "wet" brush on it when it is nearly dry.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bath on the morning. I have a shower head that I can remove from the base so
I use that after my bath. It's like having a shower and a bath. In the warm months I'll have
a shower before bed as well. I like Nivea body wash and Dove has a new one for sensitive
skin that is lightly scented. I've been using a shampoo with Argon oil, very nice. Lubridem
body lotion for very dry skin and Josie Marin facial butter. Gingham body mist from B&BW
but I'm kind of over it, need a new scent.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a morning shower person, unless I'm doing something that is hot, dirty, and sweaty, in which case it's whenever necessary.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer showers. Baths have always kind of freaked me out since I got old enough to realize that you're just sitting in your own dirt. I love a nice relaxing bath every now and again, but for regular bathing, showers all the way. Additionally, I don't like being very hot, so I take relatively short, quick showers.

I shower twice a day during the week. I've showered in the morning since middle school, so it's just part of my morning routine. I wash my hair, face, and important areas (ie, armpits, etc.) in the morning. I use regular shampoo (no conditioner, or very rarely...we have conditioner because B loves to condition his hair) and soap from Bend Soap Company (we are trying to be more conscientious about the products we use and their impact on our health and the environment- these bars are no-waste and last a surprisingly long time). I shower pretty much as soon as I get home from work due to working in wastewater treatment and I can occasionally get splashed with some pretty gross stuff while pouring samples to test. I wash my entire body in the evening.

My poor husband didn't have a shower until he went to college. His mother is...quirky...and has a real fear of her head being underwater, so he took baths up until college. The first time I visited, I too had to take a bath and I just felt...wrong, but of course I didn't say anything out of politeness. The next time we came up, his dad had installed a showerhead.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When we renovated our bathroom, we got rid of the bathtub and installed a shower. I really like a bath, but the last time I took a bath, I was lying there in the suds and saw a cat hair. I don't know; that skeeved me out and I haven't had a bath since. So we have just a shower. I take a shower every day, but the times may differ; sometimes it's in the morning, sometimes it's at night, sometimes it's right after I come in from working outside. We use regular Dial bar soap (Aren't you glad you use Dial? Don't you wish everybody did?) Got into the Dial habit when I worked in the paper plant and had to work next to someone who didn't believe in bathing. Or antiperspirant. It was ugly. I was never so happy as I was when I got moved to another line and the guy I worked with used Dial, too. Yes, it's amazing what people talk about when on third shift and it's 4:00 in the morning.

Anyway, I digress....sorry. I use Redken products on my hair, switching between Ultimate and Color Protection now and again. Always use conditioner because I wouldn't get a pick through my hair otherwise. I used to blowdry my hair all the time; haven't used a blow dryer in months and I think my hair is better for it.

I love Elizabeth Arden body lotion, but ran out a week ago. Darn it. Now it's just Gold Bond.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shower every morning and take baths periodically for muscle aches and relaxation (at night). In my baths I will put epsom or himalayan salts and bubble bath or oils. I will also shower as needed, like say I just finished turning the soil in my garden.
As for products, I'm not brand loyal, I get what's on sale. But I use body washes/gels for washing. I make my own cleansing conditioner (I don't use shampoo) for my hair (mix of conditioner, apple cider vinegar and essential oils) and do what's called the oil cleansing method for washing my face, which is a mix of castor and grapeseed oil.
If I'm going to have a "spa day" I will usually do an oil treatment for my hair and give myself a nice foot soak and pedicure.
When it comes to moisturizers, I use whatever I have gotten as gifts...I have so many lotions and haven't purchased a single one of them myself.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely showers for me, time of day depends on my schedule. For example, if I'm going to the gym in the morning I will shower when I get home. Otherwise I usually shower in the evening.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Showers for me to get clean, any time of day since I'm retired, doesn't matter. I didn't have a shower at home either till going to college! The grout in the tub shower was mostly gone and my dad just never fixed it. In college I would luxuriate in a long, hot shower.

And baths now are for relaxation before bed, usually a couple times per week- even in the summer! I love bubble baths and usually use Dr. Teal's lavender bubble bath with Epsom Salt. Although there's a Milk Bath bubble bath at King Soopers that I get too. As hot as I can stand it.

I love Neutrogena face wash, and Neutrogena Rain Bath shower gel- but use others also, just whatever I feel like picking up, I alternate for fun.
Same with lotions- I use different scents, usually from Bath and Body Works.
Shampoo and conditioner I choose different things from Natural Grocers/Vitamin Cottage, an organic health store here.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both shows and baths. Showers every other morning, baths on the other, and some days a shower in the morning and bath in the afternoon especially if it’s cold out. If it’s a bath I usually take a beverage in and work on Sudoku’s while I soak.

Hair products are Prell shampoo and either Aussie Miracle or Herbal Essence rinse. Bath soap is Dial Power Berries glycerine soap. Smells wonderful and makes your skin so soft. I can’t always find it so I stock up when I do. Have maybe a 6-8 month supply.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shower. If we had a good tub I'd soak from time to time but our tub isn't really good for it. I can either soak my top half or my bottom; but not both at once. :crazy: What time of day just depends on how things are going. If I'm going to work out I prefer to wait till I'm done. If I have to go places it needs to be morning. I'm trying to use this time to go every other day with washing my hair because I've heard it helps you cut down on oil production. I definitely have oily skin. It gets in my eyes and burns. And it gets in my hair and looks so bad. I'm not sure if it's helping too much yet. Dry shampoo doesn't really last very long for me either.

I use a handmade soap I buy at a craft fair. I found this couple a few years ago and I'm possibly one of their favorite customers now because they've even mentioned me by name in their videos. :flail: They make a Goatmilk/Calendula soap that has done wonders for my DD's skin. Since I started using that I hardly need lotion. Once a day after my shower and I'm good to go; except for my hands but that isn't surprising since I wash them so much anyway. I like changing the scents based on the season. Toward the end of winter I opened a bar that was a beach scent (from another company) and it was so nice! I have lavender out now. In the summer I like peppermint. It feels cooling and refreshing!

I was tempted to find some kind of fun, washable colors for DD and I to try. Neither of us have ever used hair dye at all. So I haven't yet. A friend's DD's have full heads of pink and blue hair right now! I'm really not bold enough for that! :lol2: