Question of The Day. Saturday 13th of February.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello.

:wave3:

Do you watch a lot of movies? What do you like to do while you watch? Eat snacks, drink, sort through a drawer or just concentrate on the story?

I don't watch very many movies at all, but if I do watch one it usually takes me three or four days to get all the way through it. I tend to watch 30 minute chunks, then save the rest for another day. I get too fidgety if I'm just sitting there, so I like to have something else to do at the same time. Sorting through a drawer is always good but I've been doing a lot of sewing recently too.

I realised we had a couple of thick winter fleeces we weren't using anymore, the fruits of one of my drawer sorting sessions. So now all of those old fleeces have been cut up to make cat beds and pillows and I'm about half way through sewing them together. Can't have too many cat beds, right?

What do you do while you watch movies?

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not really big on watching movies. When I do, though, I'm pretty much just watching, though it often means that multiple cats are requesting attention. I have a chair in my house with really nice arms that are large enough for a cat to comfortably sit on so I can have a cat in the lap and one on each chair arm. (Oddly enough, they're mostly indifferent to that chair unless I am sitting in it.)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really watch many. Most of the time I don't get to pick what we watch and everyone else wouldn't want to watch what I want to. I used to make fun of my mom for falling asleep any time she sat down to watch a movie. Now I get it!! I tend to read while DH and the kids watch something. Occasionally I put in earbuds and watch something on my phone while they watch what they want to watch. If I wait till after everyone is in bed; I'm usually too tired to sit through a movie myself.

But if I do get to watch a movie of my own choosing I'll watch something I really like a bunch of times. It can be nice to put on something while I fold laundry or do some kind of kitchen chore where i'm not leaving the room. I just don't seem to have time for even that anymore. It was different when my kids were little and I'd save all the laundry folding for nap time.

A few weeks ago I had a scene from the movie What a Girl Wants stuck in my head and I found it on either Netflix of Amazon Prime. So I tried to watch it between doing things. It was SO frustrating! I'd start it and get interrupted every few minutes. I did eventually get to watch the whole thing; but geeze!

I only like lighthearted stuff for the most part. I have to be in the right mood for anything sad or heavy. I definitely don't do violence or gore. Or suspense. I do like musicals a lot. We watched a bunch in school growing up and I loved it. They were all the older ones of course. The only one I really dislike is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. CREEEEPY... :lol: I do prefer to keep them clean too.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am choosy when watching movies. Usually I like the romcoms and when I watch, I don't want to have anything to distract me like eating etc. Also, when I watch movies particularly on Netflix, I think I am one of the rare few who watches the ending first before starting from the beginning. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't watch many movies. It has to be something that I really want to see and I still do have trouble staying awake. I think it is an attention span thing because I do watch TV. I also keep the TV on as white noise. I don't do anything else when I am watching a movie.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a huge movie person as was my mother and grandmother, I like different genres but suspense, thrillers
and horror are my faves. I like to concentrate on the movie with no chatting.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
:lol:i fall asleep
That would be me! I can't tell you how many times I've started to watch The VVitch, but fall asleep after the first ten minutes or so.

I'm not a big movie watcher. I do like to binge TV shows though. But even with TV shows, I'm usually playing WordScapes on my iPad at the same time. For some reason, I rarely eat much when watching TV. But when I open a book, I need something to munch on. Go figure! When I'm out in the WeShed watching TV, I will often crack open a bottle of Smirnoff Ice. But not in the house. I don't know why that is.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love movies. Usually, action and comedy are my go to's, but I'll watch anything...it depends on my mood. If it's a movie I really want to see that I haven't seen before, I will sit and watch, usually with a snack. I will often put a movie on to have in the background while I go about my day at home, and it's usually one I've seen before so I don't need to really pay attention. "The Karate Kid 3" is on TV right now, while I do my computer stuff and have my morning coffee....good ol' Mr. Miyagi to start my day....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love movies, but seldom find the time to watch them since I got the cats. I like romantic movies, new and old classics.
I don't eat snacks, but I would watch one with a meal or coffee. I like to concentrate on the movie, so I don't do anything else while watching.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to love movies. These days I can't stomach a lot of them. I really dislike the whole superhero genre. It doesn't interest me at all. A lot of modern action movies are too violent and have too many jump cuts. I used to be really obsessed with Jackie Chan and Jean-Claude Van Damme films when I was a kid, so like, I love action, but that action always carried weight since they barely used wires and CGI back then. Everything just kind of feels fake nowadays! I just rewatched the Wedding Singer yesterday and could you imagine a girl who looks as human as Drew Barrymore did back then getting the lead role in that type of romcom these days? No way! Of course...a lot of the humor is no longer appropriate and that part I definitely don't miss, but yeah. Basically. I just miss when movies were real. I even liked Parasite a lot, but there's a ton of CGI in that movie! Isn't that crazy?

Anyway, if I do watch a film these days it's usually one I've already seen a million times. I'll still get some snacks and settle in, but odds are I'll be sketching or looking through my phone at the same time. If there's a new movie out at the theater I want to see, I'll usually make the time to go by myself, but obviously not doing that these days.