Question Of The Day. Saturday 11th Of November.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try no to. But I have a collection of cat figurines and a collection of music boxes. I think about disposing of them and can never seem to do it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
depression glass
I have most of my grandmother's depression glass. :)

I collect milk bottles, etc from the dairy my father used to work for. I also have an impressive shot glass collection picked up from places I've visited and friends have visited. I've also been picking up Christmas ornament when I visit a new place.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Cookbooks. I have over 4000 (yes, there are three zeroes after the four!) and forgive me, for I am weak, I just bought six more, plus three holiday cookie magazines. Stop me before I shop again!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I didn't think about Christmas ornaments and such. We do have a lot of Christmas ornaments as we have been getting ornaments for years and years, every time we went to a new place or when we saw something we liked.

I have a mini-collection of wooden rolling pins, including the "important" ones (or what I think are the really neat ones). I have my grandmother's and I have Rick's mother's old rolling pins, too, in addition to the ones that I've bought from various places. Those have rolled out many cookie doughs, tons of bread doughs and cinnamon bun doughs. I use them all the time when I bake.

I have a lot of the old Pyrex stuff; bowls and casseroles. They're not old, from back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's, I'd say; I guess they're considered "vintage". They belonged to my grandmother and to my mom. I still use them.

I've been saving wheat pennies for years and years.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I collect things that interest me but they have to be terribly important or at least useful in some way.
Growing up I moved so often and more than once had to leave everything behind so I don't get attached to objects.
I do have a Foxfire book collection and a Girl Scout Handbook circa 1958. A number of rare cookbooks; I actually study from them to improve my skills. A variety of dolls; I didn't have dolls growing up, everyone bought me books. One of my dolls is a Japanese collectible from a series known as Henneko.
I have purchased a number of Korean pop music CDs, all of them are meaningful to me.
We also have a small collection of anime, less than a dozen series on DVD.
One of our prized items are drawing references used in the animation of a series called Squid Girl which we purchased from auction for $5.
My husband collects antique cameras.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 said: I collect (or I used to) Gund teddy bears. Bears are my second favorite animal. I think I have about 30 or so. .
Kat0121 Kat0121 Just for fun. Here is an image of a Gund bear most likely from 1950s. Gold mohair, jointed, arm tag in tact with rabbit face in the G of Gund.
Gund_1950s_tags_1_640.jpg

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
At my age, I still collect Teddy Bears, all shapes and sizes.