Question of The Day. Saturday 10th of April.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am glad that I am not the only one who keeps meds from previous pets! I still have some insulin from my last diabetic cat.

Otherwise, my eye doctor said to keep all eye drops in the fridge as they are much more soothing.
I have those blue block cubes that you put in lunch boxes to keep food cold.
Also ice packs for sprained or strained muscles

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just food and drink. When my oldest daughter was small she went through the stage with a lot of ear infections so I always seemed to have a bottle of the bubble gum pink amoxicillin in the fridge. That was many years ago.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probiotics in the fridge, ice packs in the freezer.

Oh, and the grease can is in the fridge, too. I drain grease from cooking into an empty cat food can and when it's full and hard I throw it out. It's what my mom did as she didn't like pouring grease down the drain.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I keep the cats’ dry food in the fridge. Since I use it only for treats or as a topper when they get finicky about their wet food, it lasts a long time and I want to keep it fresh.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probiotics. I used to keep cigarettes in the freezer because it would keep them fresh. I used to drive to Virginia and buy several cartons at a time because they were about $8.00 cheaper a carton than they were in Maryland.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I keep some lotions in the fridge too. Helps with the shelf life of the cream or lotion.
That's a good idea! Some one told me long ago that nail varnish lasts longer if kept in the fridge. I don't know if that's true or not.
my birth certificate
Why?
I mean there really isn't a story to it. In case there is a fire, the freezer is the least likely thing to get damaged than anything else in the house
Oh, that's a good idea too! I have a plastic folder with all my passports, bank documents, visa details, work contract, birth certificate etc etc in an easy to grab place if ever I have to leave suddenly. I didn't think about keeping it all safe in the freezer.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are small briefcase sized fire-proof document safes one can buy. They're not terribly expensive. I'd worry about condensation / moisture from a freezer or fridge damaging documents.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Probiotics, a box of opened baking soda(to neutralize any odors) and ice packs in the freezer. That's the only non food/beverage items in the fridge

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and the grease can is in the fridge, too. I drain grease from cooking into an empty cat food can and when it's full and hard I throw it out. It's what my mom did as she didn't like pouring grease down the drain.
I forgot about that...But I put mine in a small mason jar. Then when it's hard, I just pop it out pretty easily with a spoon into the compost. Then I wash the jar and put it back for the next grease collection.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My polar bear full of baking soda,my probiotics and my b-12 for injection....that's it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about that...But I put mine in a small mason jar. Then when it's hard, I just pop it out pretty easily with a spoon into the compost. Then I wash the jar and put it back for the next grease collection.
That's a good idea! I always feel bad throwing out a can I can recycle, but I figure since most of them are recycled, it isn't the worst.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about the grease. I only save bacon grease ( my MIL called it bacon drippings) which I use for frying or seasoning green beans. And no, I don't have high cholesterol. It's a Southern thing. But mine is on the stove right now, not in the fridge.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about the grease. I only save bacon grease ( my MIL called it bacon drippings) which I use for frying or seasoning green beans. And no, I don't have high cholesterol. It's a Southern thing. But mine is on the stove right now, not in the fridge.
its a vital ingredient for the gravy with biscuits or country fried steak:)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hmmmm. Off the top of my head, first aid ice packs in the freezer and hops and beer yeast in the fridge, although I guess that's kind of a food item.