Question of the Day, Monday, May 31, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Memorial Day. I hope all in the US have enjoyed our most expensive holiday. Paid for by the sacrifice of so many who fought and died for us. ❤

Sorry for the delay. I still haven’t made it to my computer today.

What is your favorite sport to watch? To participate in?

I am not athletic so sports have never been my thing. I did dance for 5 years as a kid but I wasn’t necessarily good. But I can enjoy watching baseball for a while as far as major sports go. I do enjoy watching gymnastics, figure skating and swimming. Diving can be fun to watch too.

Dance is also wonderful to watch. I love that it combines artistry and athleticism.

As for participating; I stick with non competative things like hiking. :lol:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
We played a TON of racquetball in college, as well as ultimate frisbee (B was the captain of that team). It's what kept me in shape. Sadly, we don't have racquetball near where we live now, so we have toyed with the idea of picking up tennis.

I don't like to watch sports. I hate the way the shoes squeak in basketball. Watching football makes me nervous because I'm afraid someone isn't going to get back up. Soccer is dramatic.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Never played sports but watched soccer, baseball, basketball, and football when my son played in grade school and high school. Soccer and basketball were enjoyable to watch, but football and baseball not so much. As far as professional sports, back in the days of serious tailgating, football could be fun. Now I don’t watch any sports at all.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great question! I am not big into watching competitive sports, but I’ll tolerate basketball and baseball. I find soccer and football very boring. I’d rather watch the Kitten Bowl on Super Bowl Sunday.

I very much enjoy watching all styles of dance (ballet, tap, you name it), figure skating, gymnastics, and diving. So I guess you could say I just really like watching the Olympics :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger, I loved to play baseball, but I would rather watch paint dry than watch a game. I've hated basketball since we were forced to play it back in gym class, and I don't watch football or soccer. I do, however, like to watch hockey from time to time, although I'm not a fanatic about it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like watching dance, Ninja Warrior, gymnastics, things like that. I also get talked into watching Michigan football.

I loved tap dancing, and want to get back into it. I enjoy some simple yoga or zumba and do weightlifting. Stroller strides is fun, too.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since I was young I never liked sports. I am too lazy for that. LOL. In Grade School and HS I mostly almost flunk PE subjects. haha

The only thing that interested me before was badminton. I liked playing that, but never liked watching any sports also, although my hubby plays basketball really well.

I am more into writing. It takes a lot of strength to hold that pen. :biggrin:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No more sport for me and I don't watch it either. At school we were not allowed to wear glasses for sports, so, it wasn't until much later, when I had contact lenses that I started to really get into squash, which is a bit like racket ball. I was over 50 when I stopped playing and, since then, I've only played some tennis with the grandchildren. As a result, I now have a hip replacement so have stopped swinging a racket to prevent the necessity for a shoulder TEP! :lol:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm extremely non-sporty, but when I was very young I trained as a ballgirl for an international tennis event and loved it.. met people like Billy Jean King (and this was in Tasmania, at the bottom of the world. )
So I still enjoy watching tennis. Although back then there was far less grunting.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do sports anymore...they don't agree with me! lol! I've done some casually over the years, even though I really don't like the competition. Dance when I was a kid, soccer (one season) as a teen and I've played "beer league" baseball a few times in our yearly College tournament event (anyone could form a team and play).
As for watching...it depends. Hockey is really the only one I can watch on TV (I was raised in a hockey loving family, so It's in my blood ;) ), although there are a few Olympic events I enjoy. I like baseball but I can only watch it live.
And all the other sports....meh.
My husband watches golf and I don't get how he likes that.....seriously....stab me in the eye with a fork put me out of my misery!