Question of the Day - Monday, May 15, 2023

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ There is a "secret " some say will get laundry clean. One teaspoon of DAWN dish soap along with the usual detergent. I have used it to remove stains from cat's towels. Works good. Kittys seem pleased with the results too ... 😺

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ There is a "secret " some say will get laundry clean. One teaspoon of DAWN dish soap along with the usual detergent. I have used it to remove stains from cat's towels. Works good. Kittys seem pleased with the results too ... 😺
I swear, Dawn, is the best soap ever. I use it for almost everything. Here in assisted living when we spill something greasy on our clothes we put some Dawn on a wet wash cloth and it gets the stain right out. Some people use it to wash their hair. They say if it's good enough to wash the oil out of animals fur its food enough for their hair.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always used All cold liquid laundry detergent because I did not want my clothes to shrink by using hot water.
I use Tide Free for cold water. I also don't think most things need to be washed in hot water. I don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets. Husband once sent me some articles why its bad to use them...but I don't remember the reason anymore.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people use it to wash their hair. They say if it's good enough to wash the oil out of animals fur its food enough for their hair.
I know someone who has always washes her hair with Zest bar soap!!!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly Tide liquid (they go on sale often), but I'll get different brands if they're on sale like Arm and Hammer, Persil, Sunlight and Purex.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone told me about using Dawn even on old grease stains and it worked!

I’m not sure about using it for my skin or hair regularly because I’ve been told stripping it makes you produce more oil and I’m already excessively oily (like it burns my eyes sometimes daily…:hmmm:). I have done it in the kitchen when I was desperate to wash my face though! I wonder if it would work like a clarifying shampoo in a pinch.:think:

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
~ Dishwash soap will take the finish off of automobile paint. Strong stuff !!
I would be careful using it for personal hygiene.
:rolleyes2: 🚿 🧼
Wisk was bought by the company that makes Persil. I occasionally use Persil but I usually use Tide.
~ I wonder if Persil is Wisk ... ? :think:

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
~ When washing kitty towels I read that 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 cup baking soda "does miracles " to remove odors and pet hair. I will try this myself next time... :winkcat:"

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gain Flings (pods) in the moonlight breeze scent.
Yes those are the best smelling!

i use those or Spring Meadow scent Tide pods. Oxy Clean if needed, Odoban for very smelly pet stuff. I do use dryer sheets plus wool balls. I'd like to give up on the dryer sheets but nothing else works to get the pet hair off. I like the Gain Moonlight Breeze dryer sheets, even if I'm using Tide pods.

My washer is currently broken so I've been going to the laundromat. Fortunately there's one at the truck stop 5 miles from my house. When I get a new washer, I intend to get a Speed Queen TR-5. Originally I had to wait to buy a new washer because the door I'd need to use for delivery was snowed closed, but of course now all that is melted so I'm just procrastinating, lol. I really need to get to it.