Question of the Day - Monday, March 22, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Easter is in less than 2 weeks now; so that means it's candy season. And eggs. I've already gotten most of the basket stuff for my kids. I just need to get down the plastic eggs and sort those out. Our hunt might be a little different this year with the yard torn up and sandy. But the weather has been so nice; so we should be outside without issue. I do need to focus on our Easter menu so I can gather ingredients. Especially for my Crab Deviled Eggs. So yummy!

What is your favorite Easter Candy? Least favorite?

I always loved the Cadbury Cream eggs; but I acutally didn't get any this year. I think they are just TOO sweet now. The caramel ones are better and I've enjoyed the chocolate filled ones too. I do like my Jelly beans though! There are so many flavors out now. Jelly Belly is still the king of the jelly beans but I don't usually buy them. I go for the Starburst, Jolly Rancher and Sweet Tart ones for the kids to fill the plastic eggs for hiding. I get the leftovers. ;)

I think my least favorite are the Robins Eggs. I'm not a malt ball fan. But my kids like them so I use those to fill some eggs too. Peeps are a mystery but I still like them better than the Robins Eggs. :lol2:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had an Easter basket of my own in many, many years. I used to make one for DH and DD and then just DD after he passed away but I never made one for myself. I like Peeps but I like the special flavors (the blue raspberry ones are amazing) and the ones that are dipped in fudge best. I have never liked Cadbury creme eggs and never will. They are way too sweet and IMO their chocolate is absolutely awful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had an Easter basket of my own in many, many years. I used to make one for DH and DD and then just DD after he passed away but I never made one for myself. I like Peeps but I like the special flavors (the blue raspberry ones are amazing) and the ones that are dipped in fudge best. I have never liked Cadbury creme eggs and never will. They are way too sweet and IMO their chocolate is absolutely awful.
I like Hershey’s Marshmallow Eggs so maybe I would like the Peeps chocolate covered. I did try a sour one before and it was pretty good. At least better than the plain sugar ones.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cadbury cream eggs! And white chocolate bunnies. And perfectly stale peeps (you have to let them get stale). And unlike MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 , I may have bought a bag of just black jelly beans for J's Easter basket. It's too bad she can only have the candy indirectly and I'll have to eat it all for her. :lol:

I pretty much like everything. Unless there's coconut in it. Or I think of something later.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cadbury cream eggs! And white chocolate bunnies. And perfectly stale peeps (you have to let them get stale). And unlike MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 , I may have bought a bag of just black jelly beans for J's Easter basket. It's too bad she can only have the candy indirectly and I'll have to eat it all for her. :lol:

I pretty much like everything. Unless there's coconut in it. Or I think of something later.
Agreed. Stale or frozen are the only way to eat Peeps!