Question Of The Day - Monday, March 18, 2019

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowmelt flooding. It's bad this year. While most of the non-river flooding has dried up, the rivers haven't crested yet (expected to do so sometime next week), and it's supposed to rain this weekend, so it's just getting worse. That's a bad part of spring!

Krycek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I LOVE loquats! I haven't had a fresh one in over 20 years though, since we left Japan :/. Where do you live?
Florida. I've always wanted to visit Japan! I've wanted to visit many countries now that I think about it. We also grow lychees.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're fairly snow-free at this point. We've seen our daffodils poking through the ground. And the robins are here.

The other day, I had to take The Beast out for a bathroom break. I keep hearing honking and I kept looking for the geese. And finally, there they were! A nice, big flock of geese flying north. I love to watch them and listen to them. The Beast didn't care; she was more interested in sniffing the grass for signs of bunnies. But I enjoyed watching them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Florida. I've always wanted to visit Japan! I've wanted to visit many countries now that I think about it. We also grow lychees.
I love lychees too but the grocery store sometimes gets them in so I can get my fix. I guess loquats don't travel well enough though. The Asian store has canned loquats but it's just not the same at all.

They're called biwa in Japan.

Krycek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love lychees too but the grocery store sometimes gets them in so I can get my fix. I guess loquats don't travel well enough though. The Asian store has canned loquats but it's just not the same at all.

They're called biwa in Japan.
I hope you can enjoy loquats again soon! And thank you for the Japanese lesson.