Question of the Day - Monday, March 16th, 2020

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So in this current state of social distancing, with many places closed and it being heavily suggested you stay home, what are you doing to occupy your time?

I've been spending way too much time online reading what it going on the world. I've also been trying to be productive and slowly cleaning through closets, drawers and doing some yard work. My husband and I also went for a scenic drive yesterday.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually go anywhere after work on weekdays anyway. I usually go shopping on Saturdays and visit family on Sundays. This last weekend I didn't do anything on Saturday and went shopping on Sunday instead. I'll probably stay home this Saturday and go visit family on Sunday, unless we're in lockdown :/.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually don't go many places anyway. So, I've been doing my usual household chores and dying (repeatedly) on Ark Survival Evolved.
At least with this I still get the social interaction with my friends.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Working on a jigsaw puzzle, working on a new sewing pattern so I can make covers for XL Swiffers and giving the house a good once over. I have a piece of furniture I am dying to start the refinishing on but it just needs to get a little warmer. Also, if it gets at least ten degrees warmer I will take my detector out for some exercise and treasure hunting.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the gym this morning and was planning to go every day but just got notice they are closing. :eek: I have weights at home so will exercise and walk. I also plan to start that deep cleaning and purging I've been putting off for too long. Fortunately I picked up a library book before they closed. Hope I don't run out of coffee. ;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the gym this morning and was planning to go every day but just got notice they are closing. :eek: I have weights at home so will exercise and walk. I also plan to start that deep cleaning and purging I've been putting off for too long. Fortunately I picked up a library book before they closed. Hope I don't run out of coffee. ;)
My gym hasn’t closed but it just doesn’t feel safe to go right now. So I am experimenting with walking to see how much my arthritis plagued foot can handle. But I miss the gym! I use Kcups and bought extra last month so I have about three months worth of coffee. It’s going to be seriously bad if I run out.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've started playing games online through virtual table-tops. I had plans over the weekend but they were cancelled and now our area is pretty well shut-down. So, it looks like virtual interaction is the way it's going to be until...well...until it's not. I wish I had gone to the store before all this and bought toilet paper but I had a bad cough and didn't want people to freak out around me so I've been staying home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm an introverted home body. We homeschool so in some ways its easier to keep my kids and I on a normal routine. In some ways its like life is going on as normal. We have trails near our house that we should be able to continue walking on. There is always plenty to do around the house. We need to clean out the garage and closets/cabinets. I already went through some of my DD's old clothing. And if I get through that; theres always a good book to read on my kindle. There's Disney+, Netflix and Amazon. It's nice enough to do some yard work. We ordered new living room furniture recently so the carpets need cleaning first too. There is plenty to do around our house. And even if we don't walk trails; we have a big backyard to get fresh air in. And plenty of board games inside for some non-electronic entertainment too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope I don't run out of coffee.
You can buy coffee on Ebay. I just got a 2 pound bag of cappuccino today.

I'm just doing what I normally do, taking my 2 hour walk inside unless it hits 50 degrees, an hour of stretching for my sore leg, Facebook, The Cat Site, email, take care of the cats, housework, make lunch/dinner, watch my shows, listen to music, maybe read.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been limiting myself of COVID19 exposure, Can't think about it all time

I threw out my beautiful shabby chic quilt Nicole bought me as I washed it in my washer and it was ripped all over.
Should have had it washed in a commercial washer..I've been slowly throwing out stuff I no longer need.
Trying to keep busy, haven't been able to read as my mind won't stay still, Would love to go for a walk or for a
scenic drive as Karen did. I have DVDs to watch. Maybe Fast Times at Ridgemont High times today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I threw out my beautiful shabby chic quilt Nicole bought me as I washed it in my washer and it was ripped all over.
Should have had it washed in a commercial washer
This is why I want a non-agitator washing machine so bad. I'm probably the only person who dreams about a washing machine. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually don't go many places anyway. So, I've been doing my usual household chores and dying (repeatedly) on Ark Survival Evolved.
At least with this I still get the social interaction with my friends.
Dude, dinosaurs!! Watched a game trailer and looks neat! Jurassic Park series, both new and old, are some of my favorite movies!

I've been gaming a bit more, too! Wizardry 8, which is am oldie but goodie for me. Just earlier I replayed a battle multiple times and keep dying, haha, and still working on it.

Also will be deep cleaning my mom's house. Cleaned the living room, hallway, and bedroom when I arrived, but some rooms have a lot of dust (laundry room) and will be cleaning bathrooms, too, to start with. The molding along the floor is dusty and will get cleaned throughout most the house. There is just a lot of dust!

Classes are starting online next week, so adding school work and assignments.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was a picture perfect sunny day so spent most of it outside and saw a lot of other people walking. :walk:I also went to 3 stores for toilet paper and rubbing alcohol - although I didn't find any I was able to get fresh fruit and veggies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dude, dinosaurs!! Watched a game trailer and looks neat! Jurassic Park series, both new and old, are some of my favorite movies!
I've named all my dinos after Muse songs. Unfortunately, Panic Station (raptor) and Bliss (pteranodon) are the only two left alive.

If you like dinosaurs, you should check out a BBC series called Primeval. You would love it.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've named all my dinos after Muse songs. Unfortunately, Panic Station (raptor) and Bliss (pteranodon) are the only two left alive.

If you like dinosaurs, you should check out a BBC series called Primeval. You would love it.
How neat!
Thanks for the tip! I have seen a bit, and not sure why I stopped watching, but that's a good show!