Question of the Day, Monday, July 5, 2021

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never grown them but I googled it and tomatoes can be grown here starting in mid February, or in late August when the last of the extreme heat is over.
Can you grow them in the winter? They like heat to an extent but I remember one of my mother's friends moving to Florida and saying she was growing her tomatoes in winter instead of summer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never grown them but I googled it and tomatoes can be grown here starting in mid February, or in late August when the last of the extreme heat is over.
If you ever try I'd love to hear how it turns out! A friend of mine moved to Phoenix a few years ago with her parents (it wasn't intentional; she went to visit and her husband filed for divorce...so she stayed!) and I've seen her mother is growing some roses; but not any veggies. Her mother had a number of gardens around her house here and "tomato salad" was one of her best dishes. So I'm kind of surprised she hasn't tried.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you ever try I'd love to hear how it turns out! A friend of mine moved to Phoenix a few years ago with her parents (it wasn't intentional; she went to visit and her husband filed for divorce...so she stayed!) and I've seen her mother is growing some roses; but not any veggies. Her mother had a number of gardens around her house here and "tomato salad" was one of her best dishes. So I'm kind of surprised she hasn't tried.
[/QUOTE

I'll let you know