Question of the Day - Monday, February 19, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the delay posting. I had several questions in mind this morning; but then I got distracted organizing all my Kindle books into collections from the laptop. I'm on page 20 of 31 books. It should make finding things more easy. I always seem to be best at organizing things that don't TRULY matter. :dunno: But it has been on my to-do list for a while.

Do you consider yourself an organized person?

When I was working outside the home I was on top of things at work. Even if things were in one of those stacked file bins I knew what was in each bin. My boss looked skeptical but they were rarely full. And hey I'm the one who found a ton of stuff she'd never been paid for when my predecessor was handling things... ;)

At home; I am much less on top of things. Some might say I'm drowning. I don't know if I am unique in this; but when my home is TOO clean, I feel unsettled. DH would probably chose to be the opposite but he lets me be for the most part and helps balance me a bit. I don't mean my whole house is chaos or anything; but its not like I kept things at work either. Sometimes when we get everything put away is when we can't find the thing we need anymore too. I'm still missing a few things from getting our flooring done last summer. I know where they were before we packed them up... :rolleyes2:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much so organized. This discipline developed over the 20 years I spent in the Military . Hard to break a instilled habit.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reasonably organised. I have had to be, being Mum's carer for years and now having to get her into care and arrange vacating her unit, etc. As far as physically organised with stuff in my unit, it's too small for things to get wildly out of hand!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Organized. Everything clean and put away where it should be. The problem I have is when people come to visit and see the house. Then i shove all my notes, etc. in drawers in a hurry and have a hard time getting back on track. Since I am so old now my memory sure isn't what it used to be. I have a lot of notes and a calender full of to do lists and things coming up.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm usually organized, and used to be way more organized than I am now. I much prefer a tidy home where everything has it's place. I'm very good at organizing and actually love doing it, but a series of unfortunate events has turned my house into chaos...I'm slowly getting my life back together though.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be organized at home and at work.
Then I was just organized at work
Now I don't work, and I"m sort of organized at home
What is not organized is my computer files

As for unsettled when a house is too clean, I'm the opposite. When it isn't clean I feel paralyzed to do anything and end up surfing the web, scrolling facebook, browsing for yarn, chatting of messenger. And right now I really need to get my rear in gear because floors need vacuumed. I use the excuse I don't want to scare the cats.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was extremely organized at work but that's partly due to someone paying my salary. :biggrin: I don't think anyone would understand the way I organize things at home but it works for me. Even though the kids have grown up and moved out I'm still cleaning up after DH because he's the opposite of me - sloppy and can't find anything. :rolleyes2:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In some ways I’m very organised but in other ways I’m not - it depends on what I’m organising for :biggrin: I enjoy list taking and noting things down but I have to be motivated to properly organise something.