Question of the Day - Monday, December 14, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only 10 days till Christmas Eve!! :runaround:Even with the changes this year; it still feels like such a busy time! I just finished my grocery order. I'm trying to put away what I want for Christmas and for New Years Eve. We are typically home for both. I will probably let my kids stay up this year for New Years Eve. We will see. Normally on New Years Eve I make appetizers to munch on in place of a full dinner. So I'm starting to think about that now too. I've also put away sparkling grape juice to share with the kids. I believe I have some plastic champagne flutes around here. They think it's so fun. :lol:

What is your favorite appetizer?

I probably like appetizers more than real food so this is kind of hard for me to answer. A few years ago another TCSer shared a recipe for Reuben dip with me. It is AMAZING! If it's got cheese; I probably like it. So mozzarella sticks, potato skins and little cheesy quiches are all right up my alley. I like dips. My mom got me hooked with a pastrami boat in rye bread years ago. Then there are little crab cakes, wings or mini-meatballs. And cheese, cracker and meat trays. I definitely enjoy a good fruit and veggie tray too. It's hard to pick a favorite. So right now i'm going with Reuben Dip. And I better start looking for rye crackers or melba toast for that! :lol:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Garlic bread...WITH CHEESE:p and of course, marinara dipping sauce. I don't know why, but even when we're ordering pizza as the main dish, garlic cheese bread with marinara is still the best appetizer (it's basically just also pizza?)

I don't mind a nice salad, though.
and I practically lived on appetizer fries and onion rings growing up, whenever we went to a "fancy" steakhouse (I don't like steak).

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buffalo chicken dip, my mother's blue cheese ball, sauerkraut balls. bruschetta,
Ina Garten's onion dip, I have to stop now or I'll start eating Big Cal
The blue cheese ball and sauerkraut balls reałly sound good.
My favorvate is a chéese ball with Wheat Thins or Triscuts.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love appetizers, and yes most of them that call for cheese are right up at the top for me too. But I absolutely love bacon wrapped water chestnuts...no cheese on them but you can't go wrong with bacon!....yum!
I also love my dill pickle cheese ball/dip, it's super yummy!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently a Midwest thing. It’s a dill pickle rolled in couple slices of Buddig beef that are covered in cream cheese and then after it’s rolled up it is sliced into rounds. Low carb and delicious.View attachment 362229
The dill pickle and cream cheese sound good but I would have to use slices of vegetarin beef.