Question of the Day - Monday, August 22, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I almost made today's date jump 200 years. :lol2: I've had a few conversations about moving lately. I was born in the same town as my parents and 2 of my grandparents; just down the road from where my other grandmother grew up and a little farther from where she was born. My Grandfather was born in a different state and met my Grandma when they were in the military during WW2. I think they moved back because my Grandma needed her family. They were a big, very close family. I had an abundance of cousins, aunts and uncles there before we moved away. I thought it was really neat when my Grandpa or Grandma would drive by a place and say they went to school there or lived down the street. My cousin even married the grandson of someone my grandpa grew up with. We moved away when I was a preteen and I've always missed having that kind of family connection.

How far do you live from where you were born?

I'm at about 400 miles here. Close enough to visit; but not close enough for a whole lot of extended family time. Sometimes that's good because you miss the drama. ;) Sometimes it's not because you miss the good times too.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 300 miles (give or take)
I was born in Phoenix, lived there for 38 years. Hate it, don't even like going for visits.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I was born about 2250 miles from here. But I don't consider it my 'home town'--I was born on a military base where my dad was stationed. Spent most of my childhood in southern California, about 400 miles from here.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One street over. :lol:
While my parents don't still live in my childhood home, I eventually made my way back in the same neighborhood I grew up in. It's just a nice old neighborhood, where the properties are still a decent size and the landscaping is nice and mature. I'm close enough to most essential amenities (mall, groceries, pharmacy etc..) but far enough away from them (not walking distance) and we are not a new subdivision with sidewalks and other fancy city maintained things that taxes are relatively low. I'm only a hop, skip and jump from my work so commuting is as perfect as it can be. Although some have moved on, I still have family nearby and even those who are further are within a 10 minute drive away.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 30 miles. I was born in Children's Hospital in Buffalo, back in the 40s, and while I've been to many places- most of them courtesy of Uncle Sam- I have lived all of my non-military life in WNY.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live 750 miles from where I was born. Both parents' families didn't live in the area where I was born. I was born in Kansas and my dad's family lived in Iowa, Wisconsin and California. My mother's family lived in Southern Missouri, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Approximately 30-35 miles. DH and I moved here when we both got our jobs but are still close enough to go into the city whenever we want.👍

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to google maps, 21 miles from the house I grew up in and 29 miles from the hospital I was born at.