Question of the Day - Monday, April 6, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday once again. We are getting excited for Easter around here; even if it will be a different celebration this year. My kids know CANDY is still coming. :lol: My DD found a package of small plastic eggs I had left from a project I never got around to last year; so she and DS decided they will hide eggs for DH and I this year too! :hearthrob: She was in her room this afternoon using her own bag of skittles to stuff them. :hearthrob: They've never believed in the Easter Bunny or any characters like that. But we still do the fun traditions together. I plan to have them dress up long enough to take pictures. I'm glad I got their outfits before all this started since I can't shop now.

Speaking of shopping....

Do you like your wallet?

I got my wallet because they started coming out with the RFID blocking wallets and it sounded like a good idea. I wanted something smaller than the one i was using so I could use a smaller purse. So I picked one up at Kohls. It's nice enough for most of my needs. It feels like a left-handed wallet or something though. :dunno: It's a tri-fold wallet with a snap. It felt like I was forever opening it upside down when I'd go to pay for something in a store at first. It wasn't a color I particularly like either. Not awful; just not a favorite. But it's functional and does what I need it to do. So I won't be replacing it anytime soon. ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I do really like my wallet, but it's pretty old and I could do with a new one.

It's red leather with a swirly design embossed on the front. I bought it in Nepal while I was traveling there, but kept it packed away until I was back in a country where I needed a wallet, rather than a money belt stashed under my clothes.

I've been using it for over ten years now, so the stitching is coming undone and one of the pocket zips is broken. I really like the design though, and it's the perfect size for me.

I guess I'll replace it when something else catches my eye. I go for nice colours and designs rather than just purely functional.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do like my wallet. I bought it a few years back because it reminded me of a different time and place. Lol It’s sort of an early 70’s style and print. Little flowers all over it and a bit of a clutch design. I can grab just that out of my purse and go if I don’t want to carry my purse. It holds the necessities well with change section, bill section and card section. I hadn’t seen one like it in a long time and I’ll miss it when it comes time to replace it.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I carried a velcro wallet that lasted for decades. Next was a leather one that only lasted 3-4 years. Now I have one made by Herschel made from woven polyester. I've had it for a couple of years and it still looks new. My first cat was named Herschel and I see that dear name when I pull it out! :catlove:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a small one at Walmart to hold just a couple of charge cards and my driver's license. It's only about the size of the cards and snaps hut with magnets. Fits perfect in my pocket. I quit carrying a purse when it got stolen TWICE 35 years ago when I was young and went to bars. Leaving your purse behind was a perfect excuse for a thief to snatch it when you got up to dance, even with others at the table!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wallet is OK but I need a new one. It is pink and I got it at WalMart.

I really liked my old wallet, it was vegan. One day I left it on top of my car when I was backing out of a parking space and it fell off. The police called me and said they found it in the mall shopping center of course with no money in it and it had been run over so many times I had to get a new one.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my wallets...yes walletS. I switch them up every once in a while. One is red leather with a little fold over snap with a cat on it, the other is a black and white geometric design that snaps shut (it's one of those that has a metal frame) and I have one that is plain black leather. I do have a fourth one where the zipper is broken for the change section, so I don't use it for going out, but it's a handy little card holder for the cards I don't use on a regular basis, keeps everything in place for when I do need them.
I also have a small square wallet that I use when I'm going somewhere that I'm using my little purses that don't fit my long rectangular everyday wallets.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it's OK. It doesn't have a good compartment for change, so I always end up throwing the change in my purse. And that's good because every so often I'll take all the change out of my purse and put it in a container. And then I roll the coins up. I try to save my coins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't carry one anymore. Too difficult with my hand problem so I use a small make-up bad
that fits, cash, debit card, credit and change, and I do like i.
I use a change purse when I go to craft fairs and places like that where I need to carry cash. It does make getting money out much easier and it helps you be discreet about how much cash you are carrying. The one I have isn't the smallest; but it still fits in my pocket if need be.
I got a small one at Walmart to hold just a couple of charge cards and my driver's license. It's only about the size of the cards and snaps hut with magnets. Fits perfect in my pocket. I quit carrying a purse when it got stolen TWICE 35 years ago when I was young and went to bars. Leaving your purse behind was a perfect excuse for a thief to snatch it when you got up to dance, even with others at the table!
I used to have one about that size that came with another wallet. I'd use it for craft fairs and festivals and put my cash in a change purse. I don't know what I did with it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t really use a wallet. I have a flat credit card holder with a loop on the outside that my credit card and drivers license reside in and then I have a pocket in my purse for miscellaneous cards that are Infrequently used. It’s just easier to clip the card holder onto my keys and tuck it into a pocket rather than tote a whole purse, especially now a days.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never carried a purse. I used to put my wallet (a regular tri-fold wallet) in my back pocket, but started to have back pain from that. Now I have a silicone sleeve on the back of my phone that holds 2 credit cards, my license, and a folded-up $20 bill, which covers most needs. I also have a slim card wallet that I'll slip into my back pocket if I need anything else, but I'm careful not to sit down for a long time without removing the wallet.

Silicone sleeves:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WWPKB9K/?tag=thecatsite

Slim card wallet:
MaxGear Slim Front Pocket Wallet Leather Credit Card Holder with RFID Blocking Compact Wallet Purple at Amazon Women’s Clothing store

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't carry a wallet until this year, when I went on Medicaid and had to carry my card and my license, and the business cards from my doctor and dentist. I also opened a bank account and have that card in there. My mom gave me a cheap Velcro wallet that she had. I don't really care about it. Maybe I will get a fancier one now that you guys mention it. But it won't be leather, since I'm vegetarian now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had my wallet for a long time. I'm actually surprised it has held up so well considering I got it from an Amazon shop where I wasn't expecting high quality. It is a turquoise color with a cat silhouette on the front wearing a silver bowtie. The inside is polka dots.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never used a purse in my entire life so I've always needed a smaller wallet, since clothing manufacturers think women's clothes don't deserve pockets large enough to hold anything bigger than a Tic Tac. :rolleyes2: I have a Mighty Wallet, which is very thin and made out of Tyvek. I can slip it in all of my jacket pockets (or jeans, if I'm wearing a pair with real pockets) without feeling like I'm carrying a brick. The only downside to it is that I have to keep it closed with a thin hair tie.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's funny how attached we get to a good wallet! Mine is many years old, still works well and is exactly what I want, so I hope it never falls apart. :)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a wallet that I'd had for years and loved it, though had it stolen which I was gutted by. I now have a purple wallet with a hand of Fatima on the front I got from Morocco a few years back and I'd been meaning to use it, so a good came out of it!