Question of the Day - Monday, April 17, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a gorgeous spring day here! DS and I even stopped into the garden center quickly to get some soil and ended up with petunias too. It's just too nice to be inside. It is NOT motivating me to start some lessons with the kids. DD is waiting on me and DS well...he's enjoying his new bike helmet... He even wore it home from the store. And that is NOT commentary on my driving! :lol:

When was the last time you rode a bicycle, scooter, skateboard, roller skaes/blades, etc?

DH got me a bike in 2020 that DD mostly rides. Before that I hadn't ridden since I was a teenager. And I haven't really ridden since. DS had a roller skating outing with his ranger group over the winter but I just watched. He and DD came home sore from falling. And that's why i watched! I did like saking when i was a kid though! I never really got the hang of a skateboard but I did love my scooter too. We used to keep scooters at my moms so the kids rode there a lot. We don't have a paved driveway and the back patio just isn't that large for riding.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As a kid I rode my bike everywhere in the neighborhood and as a teen I rode to the beach with my friends all summer long. When DH and I moved to the house we live in now we rode our bikes a few times but unfortunately never really kept it up. :ohwell:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I rode a bike is in 2017 when I was in San Francisco. I fell over a guard rail on that trip (there wasn't anything dangerous on the other side, so I was fine) and then my back hurt after that and I couldn't ride over the Golden Gate (my sister and mom did though and they said it was awful because of all of the people not staying in the walking lane).

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ About 1990 . I used to bike ride here in the big city — then too much traffic too close for comfort. Replaced with uphill walking and pull-ups on tree branches ...
🚶‍♂️🌳

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never learned to ride a bike as a child. Tried as an adult but found bike seats extremely painful to sit on and didn’t enjoy it at all, plus it was too dangerous (no bike lanes where I lived then and I wasn’t going to be one of those cyclists who ride on the path). So, probably nearly thirty years since I rode a bit. As for skateboards etc, no way.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t rode a bike since I was a kid and didn’t even much then. Roller skated some in my early teens when they built a rink nearby, and took my son ice skating a few times in the mid 70’s.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was in my 20's the last time. We were stationed in what was then West Germany and at least where we were they had bike paths everywhere.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a couple of years since last I had my bike out for a ride, but it's hanging up in the garage, ready to go. I've never been on a scooter or skateboard, and it's been 39 years since last I rollerskated, after my back surgery in 1984.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never done any of these things. I never learned as a child, and, now that I am disabled, they are not things I can learn. My younger sister, however, loved to roller skate. She takes her youngest daughter skating all the time and instilled a love for it in her eldest daughter.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't ridden a bike or used roller blades since I was a teen and I've never used a scooter or skateboard. Basically, as soon as I got my driver's license, my car was my mode of transportation. It was just easier as we lived "in the boonies". The nearest bus stop was about an hours walk, and taking a bike or blades on the bus is a pain. I'm also not a "ride a bike for fun or exercise" type person.
I actually still have my bike in the shed...it's still in good shape although the tires are completely flat, and I'm sure the gears and chains would need some TLC...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bicycle, late 1970s. I did have a skateboard when I was younger, but as for riding it? Not so much. Scooter - never. Roller skates, also late 1970, I used to go to the roller rink with a friend. It was a fun. Ice skates, I'm guessing maybe 2003 at a "Skate with the Canes" event (Carolina Hurricanes hockey team). I've only been on ice skates maybe 3 or 4 times, but I actually did good on them that time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not since I was younger. As a child, I was always on my bike; my mom used to say that my bike became a part of me. I had a bike after we got married and, after I had my son, I would go all over the place. My parents had a campsite at a local campground and I would bike back to their campsite, Rick would meet me there for dinner, and he'd throw the bike in the truck to come home. (Mom usually had our son when they camped. They always took him camping.)

These days, whenever I talk about getting a bike, Rick tells me that I also need a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and I must wrap myself in bubble wrap before he'll even think about a bike. Yes, I am that doplic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have some Amish communities near us and I see them using their kick scooters occasionally. They look more stable than some things and kind of fun. Amish Kick Scooters So do the ones that kind of combine a treadmill and a scooter. I see it like a way to keep moving fun.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rode a bike last August. We borrowed a couple from our hotel when we were up in Door County and rented a burley for J to ride in and took a ride through a state park.

It's been much longer for the others.