question of the day monday 8th

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning all

Hmm its getting tricky thinking of questions lol and I haven't had my coffee yet to engage my brain haha anyhow.....

Are you a star trek fan?

I quite like watching it, I'm not a die hard fan of it though

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That'd be a big he$$ no from my end! Honestly, that show creeps me out!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I used to watch all of the programs from the Star Trek series. I liked the original the best, but got to the point where I really enjoyed TNG, too. I haven't watched any of them in years.

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My father always watched the old Star Trek with William Shatner when I was growing up. Then he started watching the newer version that came out after that. So with him watching them I had no choice given the fact we only had one tv in the house.
It was entertaining at the time. Now when I see it I just can't get into it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoy (most) sci-fi and loved the original series. It was such a ground-breaking show, like All in the Family, dealing with so many social issues that had never been explored on TV before. The writers loved Shakespeare, and though the sets were cheezey, the actors not "A" class, it was IMO a classic. First on-air kiss between people of different color was on Star Trek.

I was never into any of the next gen stuff, but I loved the movies with the original actors, and was really surprised to find that I liked the newest one.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I was a huge Star Trek fan but only for the original with Captain Kirk. I still am a huge fan of William Shatner. I never watched all the copy cats of the original. For me no one could replace Captain James T. Kirk

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like pretty much all sci-fi, even Buck Rogers (but that's to laugh at!). I liked Star Trek as a kid, and watched some of Next Generation but not much.

We just rewatched the original Star Trek (the new cleaned-up, special-effects enhanced, Blu-ray version) and it was great! I was surprised how well it held up watching it today.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let's see I do have a cat named Shatner soooo I'd say I'm a Star Trek fan.
I actually like TNG better than the original but love William Shatner from the original series.