Question of the Day, March 6,2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: The other day was National Snack Day. They listed people's favorite snacks by state. I looked up the preferred snack in my state and it was Cheeto's although I'm not sure I agree.
You can check which one is the most popular in your state by checking the map here: Favorite Snack By State 2024

WHAT IS THE FAVORITE SNACK IN YOUR STATE? DO YOU AGREE?

If you live outside of the U.S. simply check the snacks that are listed on the map above and choose your preference.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Fun question--who knew there was a National Snack Day? :lol:

Cheetos for California. I have no idea how accurate that is. I used to like them, though I haven't bought or eaten any in years. These days, I think I'd rather go for popcorn. :popcorn:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheetos here, too, though there's really not a lot of different options. I wonder if the survey was multiple choice or something.

I do like cheetos though. Puffs over crunch, but I won't say no to either.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rice Krispies Treats for PA? Nope! Did Kellogg's just make this stuff up?!

I would think it would be something like soft pretzels or some kind of potato chip. But Rice Krispies Treats? Seriously?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I know rice krispy treats are popular...they left out the chocolate dipped ones I see all over.I would think more popular would be a fritos or Doritos because everyone is still eating cheese dips and salsas of all kinds.That doesn't even touch all the fried goodies they eat like pork rinds and raviolis!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It says Cheetos for us. However, everyone I know prefers anything with peanut butter. Although, I've seen a lot of people mix Cheetos and Nacho Cheese Doritos along with PB M&M's. (or is that just me and my friends?)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rice Krispie Treats is probably more likely the 28th most favorite snack in all states because I refuse to believe that is something a majority of people named. Rice Krispies wouldn't even be something I thought about as a snack.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sort of. I see a lot of kids with Takis though.

https://barcel-usa.com/takis

They tick all the boxes. No important nutrients, highly processed, high in sodium, and they can cause gastritis, heartburn, and IBS.
I spent a few years in my early 20's living on pizza, cheez-its, Coke-a-Cola, and M&M's. I have no idea how I did it but if I tried it now, I'd be bed bound for a week.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I spent a few years in my early 20's living on pizza, cheez-its, Coke-a-Cola, and M&M's. I have no idea how I did it but if I tried it now, I'd be bed bound for a week.
Same. I definitely remember eating Doritos and Skittles on the way to class in college.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Same. I definitely remember eating Doritos and Skittles on the way to class in college.
My lunch most days was Cheez It's, a Coke, and a handful of M&M's. I don't know how we survived!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh they were talking about this on the radio morning show! The map says Fritos, but nobody here eats Fritos as a snack. The only thing the radio show people came up with is that maybe Frito pie recipes and chili additions boost sales. But nobody is sitting down to a bowl of Fritos.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cheetos, according to the map.
Me: aren't there any other choices? Buttery popcorn would be much better. Or parmesan crisps (basically parmesan cheese melted and let cool--I've bought it ready made, I've bought the cheese and melted my own). Plain Lay's potato chips if I really am limited to the choices I see on the map.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This all just goes over my head, I'm afraid! :lol:
It does seem like a very limited choice though.