Question of the Day - January 4, 2024

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite interior design style? Is your home decorated that way?

Here's a link that shows some popular styles.

For me, I like maximalist styles and from the link I posted, I like transitional, Boho, eclectic and mid-century modern. My house is decorated in an eclectic manner though. It's definitely not cohesive or the same from room to room.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one I sort of liked there was the Art Deco - not because I like Art Deco, but because it was the only one with depth of colour. I like warm colours and lots of fabric, so if the Boho had good heavy curtains, maybe.
Honestly I’d rather Victorian or 17th century French or English interiors.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer Traditional or Rustic which is how our house is decorated but I'm a big fan of Craftsman and Prairie style too.

carrie640

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a country/primitive/antique type of girl. I love farmhouse, but not the modern stuff..I am into the stuff from way back when...think The Waltons (if anyone besides me is old enough to remember it!! LOL) or even into the 50s. Grubby candles, punch tin, primitive stitching, tea-stained..all of that . ;)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Victorian. My house was getting so Gothic creepy that I had to throw in some lighter furniture just so it didn't look like a place where the Munsters would live.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
mission

i have 2 book cases and lamps
1704438803862.png

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I have cat trees, pet boxes and bookshelves converted to a padded cat perch all over the place. My house looks like a pet store ! :lovecat2:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have zero sense of aesthetics. I think even calling my "style" eclectic would be exaggerating, lol.

Of those pics, I don't like Art Deco or Midcentury. Everything else I could live with.
I have no sense of style at all (not for clothing either). House is a combination of some tables husband had when he was single and things that we have liked along the way. Do they match, I don't know, and I don't really care. I like comfortable, and I don't do any entertaining. All those styles look nice enough but you can only maintain them if you don't really live in them in my opinon.