Question of the Day, Friday, September 4

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning (afternoon)!

Labor Day is on Monday and, technically, it's the last holiday of the summer in the US. Are you doing anything for the holiday?

We've done pretty much nothing all summer and I don't see it changing anytime soon, unfortunately. But we'll do a bit of a picnic for the two of us. Rick is planning on making his family-famous burgers (stuffing mine with blue cheese). I'm making crock pot beans and potato salad. Thinking about throwing some deviled eggs together, mainly because it's been a while since we've had deviled eggs. Dessert will be very simple: I'm making an angel food cake and we'll enjoy fresh strawberries with the cake. Mint iced tea. Depending on what the weather is like, we're going to have a fire in the back yard pit on Sunday night. We've been wanting a fire, but honestly, it's been so hot, we have yet to have one this summer.

What about you?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not really. It's just the cats and me. I'm off on Monday. It's always just the three of us anyway so nothing new there. I won't be cooking anything special. I may roast a plain chicken leg quarter or a couple of thighs and we'll share that but that's not much different than many weeknights.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleep late :D.

I really want to take the kids kayaking, but the weather keeps not cooperating. On Sunday it's supposed to be 93 degrees, ugh, and then on Monday it's supposed to rain! After 2 months of no rain, of course it'll rain on a holiday, lol.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't work Mondays anyway, so it'll just be a regular weekend. I did take a half-day today though because I desperately need to clean my house. One of my friends is coming over tomorrow and I at least want my house to not look like a disaster.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took today off and I"m using this 4 day weekend to finally purge a lot of the stuff we've accumulated over the 20 some years we've lived in this house. Donate what I can, and a trip to the dump with the rest. I spent most of today working in the spare bedroom (officially the cats' room) going through all the stuff in the closets, washing walks, vacuuming, etc. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle our master bedroom closet.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I took today off and I"m using this 4 day weekend to finally purge a lot of the stuff we've accumulated over the 20 some years we've lived in this house. Donate what I can, and a trip to the dump with the rest. I spent most of today working in the spare bedroom (officially the cats' room) going through all the stuff in the closets, washing walks, vacuuming, etc. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle our master bedroom closet.
Doesn’t it feel wonderful when you do that. You get rid of so much but because now you can actually find the things you need, you feel like you have so much more. But you are going to be tired and when this weekend is over.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn’t it feel wonderful when you do that. You get rid of so much but because now you can actually find the things you need, you feel like you have so much more. But you are going to be tired and when this weekend is over.
It does feel good and I actually found some stuff I had forgotten I even had. I'm already tired and my back hurts, but I've put it off for way too long.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing much, probably just shop online and see if there's any good sales or coupons. Tuesday is my bday, I was going to get together with friends for dinner, but that probably won't happen now.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's supposed to rain here for several days, and we need it badly. The lawn is a golden yellow, like the way bermuda turned during the winter in Atlanta. But this is blue fescue. So tomorrow I am going to do yard work, and then do housework next week while it's raining. Not planning on any get-togethers during the time of Covid.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I work from 7:30-12:00, then I'm taking a nap. Sunday I'm going to my sister's house to see family. Monday I'm not doing anything all day, lol.