Question of the Day, Friday, September 11

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!

This has been asked before, but we have new members, so maybe it's OK: How did you pick your name for TCS?

I am Winchester. I am a huge Supernatural fan and Sam and Dean's last name is Winchester. It worked.

Why are you who you are?

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been working for the Belgian refugee board for more than 25 years, in particular with asylum seekers from African countries. I also visited several countries on the African continent throughout the years.
"mama africa" was the nickname given to me by one of my co-workers (a translator). It fits me and I kept it.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PMousse is short for pamplemousse, which is French for grapefruit. It was the first name I gave to my first cat, whose photo I still use as my avatar. Though I changed her name shortly after as she didn't respond to pamplemousse, I still think it's a cute word and decided to use it on TCS.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola is my current cat's name (same name as the cat I had before her, oddly enough). At first, I kicked myself for picking the name of a cat that I will no longer have when she passes. But then, I realized my TCS name can be a tribute to my childhood cat and the cat that has been with me through the hardest parts of my life.
3791 is just because I'm a huge LOTR nerd. The numbers represent the amount of Rings each race in Middle-earth received.
"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
“Tobermory” is a short story written in 1911 by H.H. Munro (pen name ‘Saki‘). It’s about a cat that is taught to speak who then proceeds to be embarrassingly outspoken at an upperclass English house party about conversations he’s overheard. It’s really a story about hypocrisy. I picked it because I wanted a literary cat name and others were taken. :)