Question of the Day, Friday, October 11

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few...JoJo,Bridey ,Mittens and Junior....that are timidy when others come in the house.Even if it's my son and daughter in law,they go behind the fridge in the utility room. You'd be swarmed by Donnie,Hannah,Madonna,Whiskers,Teddy,Red,Maxine and Butter.Mama,Mystery,and Bunny would check you out and go on about their business.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tommy who is a former feral hides under the couch whenever someone comes to the door and will stay there for about 30 minutes till after they leave.

My other 8 feral cats that I used to have did the same thing.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Forest Cat would remain on his favourite spot on top of the fridge and blink at you benevolently.

If you are female, Little Boy will plod over and rub against your legs, then demand to sit in your lap as soon as you sit down. He's a bit more reserved with men, but he's quickly won over if you offer him a treat.

The rest of them will skedaddle out the cat door as soon as they hear your car pull up and stay out in their enclosure until you've gone.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia usually runs and hides, but will get curious sometimes and keep a safe distance. Sparkle usually comes out and does a sort of "Look at me!" thing.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sundar will wander up and then sprawl out in front of you. Nilah will show you her bottom. She's very, very proud of her bottom.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends. Five of my nine are pretty sociable; however, there have been a couple of people who have made my all my cats hide. My super social cats are Fennimore, Tara, Simon, Silas, and Astrid. You may or may not see Estella and Freya. You might catch a glimpse of Willow and Evangeline as the run and hide.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shame on me...I forgot Tinkerbell and Tuffy.Tuffy would be looking to see if you brought him a bread tie,and if so,he'd be your buddy for life.Tinkerbell would be looking to see if she could dig in your purse or coat pockets...she's a snoop!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bynx will greet you at the door, and not leave your side except to go get his wand toy and drop it at your feet for you to play with him. He will follow you if you go to the bathroom. And he'll also paw at you if you don't acknowledge him in a timely manner.

Chester will go hide. Sometimes a few treats will get him to come out, but the minute they are gone he'll go hide again. It's too bad too because he loves to be pet and is such a sweet boy. We're working on his social skills. He not aggressive at all, won't swat or hiss or bite, just slink away.

Lily is very shy but affectionate. You could go to her to pet her and cuddle with her if she is on or in something (cat bed, couch, etc...), but she would scurry if she was on the ground. She would run to her bed or tree or couch, then be perfectly fine being approached. You could even pick her up and put her on your lap, and she would be happy. She just has issues being on the floor and people walking towards her. She also wouldn't approach you either. I will say though that she is evolving everyday, ask me this next month and you may get a completely different cat!

None of the cats ever hiss or act out aggressively to anyone.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you were to visit, Cricket would head under the bed. Austin would come around cautiously, and pretty soon be in your lap, purring and flipping over so you could pet his tummy.