Question of the Day, Friday, November 15

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
LTS3 LTS3 you're making me want to waste bandwith sharing all the old family recipes with internet friends and acquaintances, lol.

My own mom could cook. When I was a little girl, I was instructed that if there was ever a house fire and we could save one thing and get out, that we were to grab her recipe file box because everything else could be replaced.

She is still alive, but decided to go ahead and give me her recipe box after her stroke. There are lots of pie recipes in there, and if cobblers count too, the recipes should be shared with people who care.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Pecan pie and I have a great recipe for it that turns out perfect every time! I use zackys GF frozen pie crust because 2 of my 3 kids have celiac. Then, and I see no one mentioned this pie; cherry! Close second for me 😋

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom has this weird thing with apple pies. She only likes the apple pie sold at McDonalds, which isn't even good to begin with. Then she scrapes out the apple pie filling and only eats the crust :headscratch: She says the pie filling is "too spicy" :dunno:
She would have loved the ones my step-grandmother made. She had a 5 acre apple orchard and she would cook down and perfectly spice the apples. Then she would make a sugar cookie type dough, roll it out, fill and fold with the apple filling to make a mini pie and bake.
Man they were good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegetarian Pot Pie. I don't like dessert much, I prefer savory.