Question of the Day, Friday, November 13

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: (I didn't realize that it was Friday the 13th today!)

I'm trying to figure out what cookies I want to make for our holiday munching this year. In order to scale back a bit, I told Rick and his mom that they could each pick two favorite cookies and I would make them. Rick has chosen chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter/Kiss cookies. Evelyn wants white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies and she hasn't decided on her second choice yet. For me? Rolled sugar cookies and rolled sand tarts and I'm making a double batch of each. The Grands want any and all cookies I can find the time to make (not happening!). I will make chocolate crinkles and mail a large container down to them.

So: If you could choose two homemade cookies for the holidays this year, what would they be?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely sugar cookies with frosting decorations (traditional) and then another that is really candy rather than a cookie but HAS to be made every Christmas....cherry mash bars with the chocolate/cherry layers and nuts in the chocolate. everybody asks for them every Christmas!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My in-laws used to make what they called 'pregnant cookies', which were 2 cut out cookies with mincemeat filling between them, then crimped together around the edges. The other would be the good old stand-by of chocolate chip.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oatmeal spice and pecan/coconut would be the 2 I would choose. The pecan/coconut is just the chocolate chip cookie recipe with pecans and coconut substituted for the chips. Now you have me wanting to bake, which I won't do until closer to the holidays when I can give them to my kids. Hubby and I are NOT supposed to eat anything that tastes good since we are watching our blood sugar levels and sodium intake. :mad2::nono:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Italian Chocolate Chip and a Spiced Sugar Cookie recipe from my Aunt’s mother in law that uses molasses.

I need to decide on cookies for the year too. Normally I gift a box to the kids teachers but they only have a Sunday School teacher this year (via zoom). I will probably deliver her some with a gift card like usual. I have sweet neighbors on each side too. So I don’t know what I will double or not yet.