Question of the Day, Friday, November 11

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! And Happy Friday! (A nice 3-day weekend here for me)

Easy question this morning: What are three ingredients or foods in your kitchen that you never run out of?  (Not including water or cat supplies)

With me, it's sugar, flour, and yeast.

I have these big glass jars that I keep my flours and sugars in. As soon as I dump a bag into whatever jar, I immediately put that on my grocery list, so I won't run out. Especially during the holidays.

For yeast, I buy a pound of instant yeast at the end of every year and that sees me pretty much through the next year; I keep it in the fridge.

What about you? Is there anything that you keep on hand all the time?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee, creamer, and milk for my husband. ALL ELSE CAN WAIT!  My first hour in the mornings is mine, just me and my coffee, it's been that way for 50 years!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coffee, tea and almond milk. Most other things I can work around, but I'm lost without these :lol3:

In terms of food, it'd be gluten free oats, gluten free flour and sugar - dad has to have his oatmeal every morning, and I have to be able to bake for him. (he gets so sad if there isn't homemade cake and some sort of hot pudding - by which I mean old fashioned English puddings ;) - in the house :rolleyes: )

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Milk, cookies or crackers of some sort, cans of soup.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's flour, yeast, and sugar here too! but also peanut butter, because i absolutely adore it! i buy many food related supplies in bulk, and i carefully budget for and reorder supplies before i run out of them.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coffee, some kind of milk for coffee (but not powered or fake).

Maybe eggs for the 3rd. One can do a lot w/them.

Coffee is the most important though. Right now we're out of regular ground coffee but we have plenty of espresso pods to make lattes so that works. Oh and some French Roast beans are there also just in case we want to use the press.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee, half and half and vodka
LOL at the vodka. Priorities, right?

For yeast, I buy a pound of instant yeast at the end of every year and that sees me pretty much through the next year; I keep it in the fridge.
Yeast is so intimidating to me. Whenever a recipe called for it, I would immediately discard that recipe.

I always have Smart Milk fat-free, cheese & nuts.