snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lets talk meat.... yep I'm hungry.
How do you like steaks cooked?

Rare, medium rare, well done or I hate steak

Do you marinade your steaks?

We marinade our steaks all day and I like mine medium rare.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Medium, maybe slightly rare. I don't really like a lot of sauces or marinades, so I tend to cook mine plain. I don't mind a bit of seasoning though.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Medium well here. And when we do cook steaks (which is rarely, we can only do broiled steaks since we have no grill) we marinate all day. No idea in what. Josh is the steak guy,

Now I'm hungry!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't cook a steak top same myself, I might as well just burn the money
. On the rare occassion that I go out to eat I order a steak medium well to well, that means "just a bit of pink in the middle".

cheap sushi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
RARE!!!!! And it depends on what cut regarding marinade.
This just reminded me of a part in that movie about Julia Child. Man that Amy Adams is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to have her raw if you get my drift... hee hee hee......

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like mine somewhere between medium rare and rare. In a restaurant, I always ask for medium, or sometimes even medium well so that if they under cook it I can still eat it. If I ask for medium rare and its under cooked, I'd have to send it back.

As for the marinade, I never cook my own steaks, so that's not really applicable.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Medium rare, please, but I won't send it back if it's underdone.
I usually use tenderloin, so there's no marinating involved. But if you want to have fun with marinades, I'm a willing guinea pig.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

I like mine somewhere between medium rare and rare. In a restaurant, I always ask for medium, or sometimes even medium well so that if they under cook it I can still eat it. If I ask for medium rare and its under cooked, I'd have to send it back.
Its the opposite here, they always overcook them, maybe it is because my BF likes his well done and they are not good at timing them, I always ask for it medium rare to get it medium

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dad was a butcher. With that said, I like mine RARE and only seasoned with a little salt and pepper. Like my dad used to say - any more than that and the steak is ruined, and why ruin a steak with a marinade or steak seasoning? I recall when A1 Steak Sauce first came out. My mom bought a bottle and dad got so mad at her that he threw it in the garbage. We never threw food in the garbage in our house. Then my sister married a man who liked his steaks well done. No one had a clue on how to cook a steak like that and poor BIL had to cook his own steaks at our family BBQ's.

I don't eat a lot of steaks these days. The cuts I like are expensive and they are a rare treat.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh...yes my friend!...
who didn´t....

But today is day of abstinence of meat so, this should to wait until tomorrow...

...Delicious Question!...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A weel done t-bone steak is one of my absolute favorite foods. Unfortunately, it's so expensive (and I really don't do a good job of grilling it) that I don't have one more than once or twice a year.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all I do not marinate any meat and the reason is I like the taste of the meat just as it is, may add a little seasoning like salt, pepper and maybe a tiny bit of garlic powder before cooking. For me marinating a steak just takes away the real flavor of the meat. I love steak and I want it to taste like steak, I don't marinate any kind of meat.

I love my steak medium rare.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My dad was a butcher. With that said, I like mine RARE and only seasoned with a little salt and pepper. Like my dad used to say - any more than that and the steak is ruined, and why ruin a steak with a marinade or steak seasoning? I recall when A1 Steak Sauce first came out. My mom bought a bottle and dad got so mad at her that he threw it in the garbage. We never threw food in the garbage in our house. Then my sister married a man who liked his steaks well done. No one had a clue on how to cook a steak like that and poor BIL had to cook his own steaks at our family BBQ's.

I don't eat a lot of steaks these days. The cuts I like are expensive and they are a rare treat.
Your dad was a very smart man, I do agree indeed...why ruin a perfectly good steak with cover up's. I was out with a group of co-workers years ago and most of us ordered prime rib, when the order came to the girl next to me she immediately poured A1 Sauce all over it, she completely ruined that piece of meat, I almost fell off the chair. I will never forget that and I really had to bite my tongue before saying something about it. It actually made me ill to see her eat it.