Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

You have your choice of one of five chores. Which would you rather do:
Wash dishes
Mow the lawn
Vacuum
Do the laundry
Clean the bathroom

I'll mow the lawn any day. We have a riding mower and I'll plug in my iPod, throw in my ear buds, get on the mower and go. Takes me about 90 minutes on the riding mower to do our yard. Without the iPod, it's a good time to think. Or a good time to just ride around and not think, depending on how I feel.

How about you? You can only choose one!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd pick vacuuming, with laundry being a close second. Our lawn is hard to mow as it's raised up (we're built into the hillside) and I hate bathrooms and dishes.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Dishes for me, especially since we have a great Bosch dishwasher. I don't even mind doing them the old-fashioned way in the sink, using a dish rack to drain and dry them. I used to scrub the bottoms of my pots and pans when I was angry. They were mirror-shiny when I was done.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I can cheat a bit, I will say vacuum. I would then turn on my Shark Robot. If I can't cheat like that, I would say do the laundry. That is because I love my Speed Queen washing machine. It is one of the things in my house I wouldn't part with.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry. It's not hard to do and you can do other things while the machines are running.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Lawn mowing IF I have a riding mower. I hate push mower- 2nd place- Laundry. I like the smell of fabric softner as it fills the kitchen when it's running..then my clean blankets. next wash dishes, we dont use the dish washer.

The thing I hate is vacuuming. I always sweat like crazy and takes just as long to pick up all the toys and stuff in the way-I prefer to pick up chairs/furniture to get it good and clean-If I could leave a window open and wear a face mask-my allergies HATE vacuuming. I love mopping floors-hate vacuuming- the noise of the motor hurts my ears too....

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In order:
  1. Wash dishes
  2. Do the laundry
  3. Vacuum
  4. Clean the bathroom
Mow the lawn can't be on my list because of allergies. I'll end up a wheezing mess at the end of it.

Mow the lawn, without any question; I have it down to a science. With edging and trimming, I can do it in 32 hours.

;)
Your lawn is beyond gorgeous for it though.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With a riding mower, mowing the yard. Without a riding mower, hmm, I'll say laundry. It's quick and easy, folding is the only time-consuming thing. I don't mind loading the dishwasher either, but can't stand handwashing dishes. I run the dishwasher every night even if it's not full. . .it uses much less water than handwashing anyway.

I actually don't mind cleaning the toilet and sink, so cleaning the bathroom would be OK too. But I don't like to do floors and that's probably part of cleaning the bathroom, lol.

I don't really like to vacuum. It's noisy and it kicks up particles that make me wheezy. I probably should wear my lawn-mowing earplugs and a face mask :D.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I'm weird. I'd rather clean the bathroom. I don't mind it that much and I get a lot of satisfaction once it's done.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laundry. The smell of fabric softener and clean clothes. OMG,laying down on sheets that smell of lavender and vanilla! A cat laying in the pile of warm clothes straight out of the dryer. At that point its no longer a chore,its a blessing.

But a can also clean a kitchen or bathroom with military efficiency. Then i will cook up some good food and go pee on the toilet seat(hey,I'm a dude).

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mowing the lawn would be my pick. I love mowing the lawn. One of the reasons is because it helps me work on my tan Lol.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry! I use my parents' washer and dryer so while the loads are going I can visit with them. If I had to use a laundromat it might be different.

I hate washing the dishes. If I had a dishwasher and could do the majority by machine it might not be too bad, but I have to do them allllll by hand and I don't enjoy my hands in the dirtied up water.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mow the lawn would be first

Vacuum
Clean the bathroom
Wash dishes
Laundry

but none of these are too bad, if you have the right tools.