Question Of The Day, Friday, June 21

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Let's talk about mealtimes. Do you enjoy your main meal around noon or do you wait until later in the day? Do you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner or do you have breakfast, dinner, and supper? What time do you eat dinner/supper? And then do you snack during the evening?

Rick and I have breakfast and dinner/supper. We usually call it dinner, but sometimes call it supper. As a rule, we don't eat lunch, but that may change once we both retire. We usually eat around 5:00 or so, depending on what time I get home and how soon I can get dinner on the table.

Rick will often eat a bowl of cereal during the evening while he's watching tv. Normally I try not to snack at night, but this year, I've been a blasted vacuum cleaner! And it's showing in my tighter clothes. I have to stop it.

What about you?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have breakfast, lunch and evening meal. Non of them are large meals because I am a grazer. In fact I'm munching on a dogestive biscuit as I type this. I hate cooking so whatever I eat has to be quick and easy.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have breakfast, lunch and dinner, but not necessarily at the same time. I'm an early riser, usually up at 5:30 or 6 a.m., and have breakfast then. Lunch is around 11:30 or noon, and dinner is around 5, or when I stop what I'm doing. Michele is still a night owl, and stays up until 3:30 or 4 a.m., so we only eat lunch together, but it's breakfast for her.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if I had school, my meals would be way more scheduled. I would have to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at a set time because of homework and classes. But since I'm not doing anything, I just eat whenever. Lunch could be breakfast. Breakfast could be dinner. Dinner could be lunch. And I snack a lot... tons of snacking. That's probably why I've gained 10lb...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Things get lost in translation! We have Frühstück (breakfast), Mittagessen (noon meal), and Abendessen (evening meal). Provided we're both home, our main, cooked meal is at noon, with a light, cold meal in the evening.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My main meal is eaten around 10am-12pm, then something light around 4-pm when I have my tea, maybe a sammie or salad. I, too, am a grazer. I don't eat a lot at one time, and it may not be healthy but that is how I've been eating for about 19 years. Always a snack before bed. :yess:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I, too, am a grazer. I don't eat a lot at one time, and it may not be healthy but that is how I've been eating for about 19 years.
I’ve read that that’s the healthiest way to eat: more and smaller meals during the day. I’d do that if I could because I can’t eat a lot at one sitting. Buffets are a complete waste of money for me.

Breakfast (at about 6:30 a.m.), lunch at about noon (sandwich and an apple), and dinner (main meal at about 6:30 p.m.). We don’t eat anything in the evenings.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t eat a lot at one sitting. Buffets are a complete waste of money for me.
Me too! My friends/family gave me the nickname "Old One Plate" because I only eat one plate of food at a buffet. :lol:

I don't eat breakfast, but I love breakfast food for lunch or dinner. Lunch is at noon, dinner is around 6pm. I don't like snacking, I like to enjoy my two meals, and if I snack late at night I wake up with a backache.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On days I work, I typically eat breakfast around 8:30, lunch around noon and dinner around 6:30 when I get home. On weekends, it's usually up in the air on timing. I've tried to cut down on snacking because I was gaining weight because of it, but I still usually have a dessert or something around 9 at night.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lunch is usually around 11:30 or so. Dinner is by 5. I have a snack or two sometime before bedtime.

I knew someone in high school who didn't eat dinner until 10 pm or so. Her parents would be home early in the evening and just sit around watching tv until they felt like cooking dinner. From scratch too. How do people eat a full meal that late and just go to bed right afterwards and wake up a few hours later to get ready for a new day? :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do people eat a full meal that late and just go to bed right afterwards
I used to eat that late when I was waitressing and I was fine. Snack food that is high in salt or sugar is the only thing that bothers me if I eat it late at night.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually only eat one meal a day. If I have a lunch, I don't want dinner. But normally, I only eat dinner.

or do you have breakfast, dinner, and supper?
Are you in the U.S.? I never understood the difference between dinner and supper in the UK.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I have breakfast, it is toast and is eaten around 1pm-3pm (we have odd schedules). I would say I have breakfast 2-3 times a week. I do not eat "lunch," although, once every couple of weeks, I will have a snack of some sort. We have dinner typically around 9 pm. Once every week, my husband and I have a date night and often have snacks if we are watching a movie.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i usually have breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert is between dinner time and breakfast the next morning. the times for the meals vary from day to day, depending on what i'm doing that day. though, sometimes i'll not feel like eating -- could be any one of the three on a particular day. i do much better, feel much better, if i spread things/my meals out, over the course of each 24 hours.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I eat breakfast any time between 11 and 12:30. Sometimes by 10; but not usually. I'm too busy and not ready before then. Lunch comes by 4 and dinner by 8 or 8:30 after DH is home from work. We always used to eat by 7:30 and I know even that is way too late for most people. But I'm not usually hungry in the morning. Sometimes I don't really get around to breakfast so I'll have an early lunch. It depends on the day and what we are up to.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
3 meals a day for me - Breakfast and lunch are my 2 biggest meals. When I was younger and stayed up later I would snack at night but once I finish dinner now I don't eat anything afterwards.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually one meal a day for me, but sometimes I like to sneak in a late night snack (and get caught red handed :flail:). It's usually in the evening.
Sometimes I'll join for lunch but not always, or if I do it's just a bite or a small plate.
If I wake at 5, I'm coherent by 8, awake by 9, and hungry at 2, so I think my appetite just likes to sleep late.
I always considered dinner a later evening meal and supper something earlier like 4:00. I don't know where I came up with that idea.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really a breakfast person,but if I do it's usually late (call it brunch?)and it's probably going to be peanut butter toast,and then I won't have lunch.We have dinner/supper between 5 and 6.Hubby is a 3 meals a day kinda guy,and snacks too,but he's up very early in the morning,and eating the way he does helps to keep his sugar in balance.