question of the day Friday July 22 2022

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours is a little place in a little town about 15 miles away. We haven't been there since the lockdowns started, though.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a great Italian place in Springfield called Zios and we love it.But then there's a little,and I do mean little place up in Cole Camp that serves the best German food ever.Oh and there's a great asian place...a buffet...and they make the best hot and sour soup I've ever had.The Mexican place here in town makes wonderful shrimp quesadillas.chile rellanos and homemade tamales...and a mighty tasty melon margarita too!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is actually more a type of restaurant. I like a diner breakfast. There aren't many diners left so it is hard to find a good one. There are restaurants that call themselves diners because they became trendy. We have one here in Columbus that calls themselves Cap City Diner. It's part of the Cameron Mitchell Group and is more fine dining then a diner. They aren't even open for breakfast and breakfast is the meal that diners are known for, most will serve breakfast throughout the day.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Italian resto is nice, but usually they are a bit more expensive that the others.

I usually go to this asian restaurant, P.F. Chang. Still pricey though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
...and a mighty tasty melon margarita too!
lizzie lizzie OK, I'm ready!

I usually prefer breakfast over dinner, so any place that serves a good breakfast is fine with me, as long as the coffee is excellent. I'm all about the coffee.

We have a lot of chain restaurants around here. There used to be a neat (not a chain) restaurant called the Boar and Bull. Best French onion soup I've ever had in my life. Steaks were simply excellent. They closed several years ago.

I don't know that we really have a favorite.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Greek restaurant in my hometown. :drool: My family knows its my favorite but since my Grandma can’t really get out anymore we order it as takeout when I go for a visit.

I remember when it was just a little hole-in-a-wall place with no seating. My mom would go get something for herself when I was little. They are now on their 3rd location; which was rebuilt after burning down, and the man’s son runs it. It’s become a local favorite! They have a nice size dining room now and we used to see the owner and his son walking through greeting customers.:redheartpump: My other grandma always told the story of the time she was taking the slouvaki meat off the skewer and it all went flying onto the floor right in front of the owner. She was so embarrassed but he was more than kind and got her a new one.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a restaurant in my area called Paninos and their food is unique. They make sort of a homemade wrap and then they stuff and bake them with a variety of things inside like spaghetti and sauce, Mexican burrito like filling, steak and potatoes etc., and then a sauce over the top. Very fresh and delicious,