Question of the Day, Friday, February 12

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I almost forgot!

What is your favorite book?

For me, it's always been Alice in Wonderland. I first read it when I was a very little girl and I can't tell you how many times I've read it since then. It's the whole make-believe world with the tea party, the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter. Everything. My grandmother had a copy of Alice in Wonderland and I read it to tatters. I still read it, probably once a year. As well as Through the Looking Glass.

How about you?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read so many books that it's hard to single out one in particular, but it would be Helmet For My Pillow by Robert Leckie, a chronical of his service in the Marine Corps from post-Pearl Harbor through Guadalcanal to Pelelieu, where he was evacuated as a casualty. I couldn't count how many times I've read it, but it's getting pretty well beat up.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
At different times in my life I had different favorite books, e.g. as a child I loved Snow White and Lady & The Tramp, as a teen I loved To Kill a Mockingbird and The Scarlet Letter, most recently I enjoyed Little Fires Everywhere and Everything I Never Told You.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid I loved Rapunzel story, and The Mermaid. Fairy tales do help with improving a child's imaginations.
As a teen I liked reading Kahlil Gibran poems.

And as an adult I liked Robert Ludlum books, particularly the Bourne series.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child it was Black Beauty. I don't have a favourite book now because I've read so many and it changes all the time. I've just given my granddaughter a copy of Black Beauty because that was the book that started my love of reading. Listening to her talk about the book brought back so many fond memories, and the joy of seeing her keep going back to read more was fantastic. I think I'm getting soft in my old age. :lol:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely Gone With The Wind. I love the way everything about the life, the culture, the clothing and the homes are described. The movie doesn't come close to finding out about those things. It's a look back in time. I like history based fiction.