Question Of The Day, Friday, December 28

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

I have to go to our local cheese maker this afternoon for our New Year's Eve cheese stash. So I thought I'd ask:

What's your favorite cheese? And how do you like to eat your cheese?

I love a good baby Swiss. Muenster comes in at a very close second and could be tied with smoked provolone. Oh, and then there's asiago. Yum to all of them. We enjoy slicing some baby Swiss with bologna and then sitting down and munching, either while watching movies or playing Scrabble.

When we have Muenster, I'll make fondue bread, which is a bread dough that is rolled out into an oblong shape, slathered with freshly shredded Muenster and a wee bit of mustard, then rolled up sticky-bun style, sealed, and curled into a 9-inch round cake pan and baked. It must be eaten while still warm; the bread is sliced and the Muenster is still gooey. It goes great with spaghetti or lasagna. Fondue bread is a big hit in our house. The first time my MIL ate Fondue bread, I thought she was up on :cloud9:; she just loves the stuff.

And we can't forget the basic toasted cheese sandwich. I always have mine with a bit of ball park mustard.

How about you? Do you have a favorite cheese? How do you enjoy your favorite cheese?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharp cheddar. We have 2 places locally that make it, an I like served in any way- on scrambled eggs, with apple pie, or just as a snack, by itself.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dearly love cheese! :cloud9:

i think the kind i buy the most is extra sharp cheddar cheese, which i adore. i can happily make a meal of cheese'n'crackers and soup.

i really like muenster, as well as jack and pepper jack cheese. colby, too!

and i love to add some asiago cheese to pizza that i make. :hearthrob:

i also like some cheeses that are more pricey, that i won't buy because they're too expensive. there are a lot of those. :dunno:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like a locally made cheddar, both the 1 year and 3 year ones. Goat cheese is another favorite. The little independent grocery store has a huge cheese selection which I should seriously sample through (free samples :yess:). They have lots of locally made cheeses and imported ones.

Back in college I visited an area farm and got a really good Gouda made with the milk from the farm's own cows :yummy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cheese. There is no picking favorites. I probably like Swiss the least, but anything else I will eat happily. Even stinky French cheese like Roquefort.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CHEESE! I love cheese. OK, I am a little picky. I don't like Swiss, or bleu cheeses that taste especially moldy, or slimy cheeses like brie. But pretty much everything else is great! My favorites are very sharp cheddar and a nice goaty chevre.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharp cheddar is my favorite, but bleu is a close second. I use cheddar for everything, and bleu is good on crackers or shaved into salads.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Omg, I love cheese. It's the only thing stopping me from being vegan. There's a handful of cheese I don't like, such as swiss, brie, and some stinky awful stuff I got once. The garlic pepper jack from the local cheese factory is definitely one of my favorites.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to hate cheese as a child though since I've gotten older I've become more partial to it. I still prefer the more mild cheeses; with Cheddar and feta, mozzarella and parmesan (especially on pasta - and mozzarella on pizza).

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharp cheddar is delicious! And for Swiss, I like the Emmental! Both are good on sandwiches, Mexican food and with crackers. In salads, I like Feta. Roquefort is great with crackers, too!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cheese. Munster, Havarti, goat, Cheshire, mild and sharp cheddar, and gouda, Rüblirebell, brick, and Trelawny are my favorites. I only like Swiss if it is melted. (A grilled cheese with one slice of Swiss and one mild cheddar is sooooo good!) I can give or take blue cheeses or super stinky cheeses. Casa marzu is a cheese I never ever want to eat or even see in person! Yuck!

I like cheese melted or cold. I do not like room temperature (or anything less than melted or more than cold) cheese.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese is wonderful. My favorites would be muenster and goat cheese. I also love when cheese is burnt, like say on top of a casserole.