Question Of The Day Friday August 23rd

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

When Dear Richard was having new keys made for me, he also bought me a new key ring. It's basically a bright purple elastic band that I can put around my wrist (instead of putting on the truck!). He thought it was hilarious; I was not amused. And as soon as I can get around to checking out key rings, you can well bet that I'm buying something else. I'll probably go to some craft shows this fall/winter and see if I can find something.

So: What does your key ring look like?

I used to have a gorgeous leather key ring with my initial and some flowers. I had that thing for well over 40 years before it finally came apart. Now I have a :sigh: purple elastic-coil band :sigh:.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is a yellow lanyard with several key rings attached. My keys all have a colored band around them so I can locate the right one quickly.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a ty Beenie sloth, a heart with my 9 year olds photo, a yellow plastic character of unknown origin, library and store keychain cards and my keys. It’s big it’s bulky so I won’t lose it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a few rings on a carabiner clip. One has a bunch of those little plastic rewards program cards from various grocery stores, drug stores, etc. One has my house keys and another is for our car keys. I like to be able to change out what I'm carrying. And I keep it clipped to either my belt loop or my purse. It was really helpful when I had 2 little kids to keep track of in public.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I use a leather key case for the car and house keys and a key ring for work keys and chip. The cat on the key ring is a shopping cart token (e.g., for Aldi) that you slide out.
IMG_20190824_052503.jpg

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine are on a fob that has a small torch attached. Each key has a different colour top to make it easier to identify.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's just my remote car starter with my house alarm on it too. No big deal.

Although, I do have another one a friend gave me that I keep miscellaneous keys on; luggage keys, garage key, one for the cash box at work, etc. That has a hamsa on it, which for those who don't know is a hand shaped amulet with an "eye" in the middle which is common in Jewish (which I am) and other mid-Eastern cultures used as charm of protection. While I'm not religious, I am culturally connected to my heritage and a work friend that went to Israel brought it back for me.

The one I have has Hebrew writing on it, with climbing roses and a Star of David, it's quite pretty.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh geez. :doh: People! Please stop posting your key photos online! I mean this in all friendship and good will: you know, I would never post photos of my keys online! Not a good idea. People can make 3D copies of keys using regular photos plus 3D software, and print out a good copy of your key(s). If they happen to have gathered any background on you, e.g. have a good idea of where you live, where you park, etc. ... well, think about it.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My keys are on a single key ring. The remotes/keys for my 2 cars are on their own key rings. I have quick disconnect connectors on the key rings. I can easily switch my keys between either car remote/key. And, I can quickly disconnect my keys from the car remote/key when I have to give the remote/key to the car repair shop or valet parking (yeah..like I ever use valet parking:crackup: :rolleyes:)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Only a carabiner. Nothing decorative.
:yeah:

I also threaded another carabiner clip into the fabric near the top of the opening of the mini knapsack I use in lieu of a purse. I clip the keys to that so I don’t have to go spelunking to find them! :)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any keychains anymore because it started to get heavy and I didn't want to ruin my car. I do have a carabiner on it because it is useful when I leave my apartment but don't bring my purse. The keys I have on the ring are two apartment keys, one building key (for my apartment), my car key and remote thing, and my mailbox key.

I have a secondary keychain that has my parents' house key, the key to my storage locker padlock, and an actual decorative keychain of an elephant.

I also have a work keychain that has my work badge and one key to the temporary building, and one key to the old building that's being remodeled.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh geez. :doh: People! Please stop posting your key photos online! I mean this in all friendship and good will: you know, I would never post photos of my keys online! Not a good idea. People can make 3D copies of keys using regular photos plus 3D software, and print out a good copy of your key(s). If they happen to have gathered any background on you, e.g. have a good idea of where you live, where you park, etc. ... well, think about it.
Words of Wisdom.
I'm getting short on places to hide bodies.:lol:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... I'm getting short on places to hide bodies.
:lol: Well, when you clear them out, people can send you photos of their keys in a PM, meant for your eyes only. :lol:

Seriously, though -- my comment was in regards to this being an open, public forum -- the world is the audience. But if my comment doesn't help anyone, apologies!

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: Well, when you clear them out, people can send you photos of their keys in a PM, meant for your eyes only. :lol:

Seriously, though -- my comment was in regards to this being an open, public forum -- the world is the audience. But if my comment doesn't help anyone, apologies!
I know, kind of like posting your vacation pics while on vacation.
My comment was a cat joke. He just can't eat a whole burglar.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a bunch of mini carabiners holding keys in a ring and a little flashlight. I just have too many keys. Each of my four house doors have different locks, as do their storm doors , plus garage key, shed key and mothers house key.