Question Of The Day, Friday, August 2

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Let's talk about color today:

What's your favorite color? What's the color of your car/truck? What's the main color in your bedroom? What's the color of your front door? What color do you like to wear?

What's your favorite color? Deep dark reds
What's the color of your car? Both of my cars are red
What's the main color in your bedroom? I think it's called Thundercloud; it's grey
What's the color of your front door? A dark red
What color do you like to wear? I like blues and greens. I love wearing dark red, but it clashes with my hair.

Your turn!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Pink is my fave color, then navy and black
No car but if I had one, I'd like candy apple red
Off white walls, with a pink quilt and shams and lots of colorful throws,
pink, baby blue, purple, green
Front door is white
I Like pinks, lavender, purple,, and blue, green, navy black
I look awful in brown and orange

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What's your favorite color? What's the color of your car/truck? What's the main color in your bedroom? What's the color of your front door? What color do you like to wear?
My favorite is black, which is also the color of our car. Our bedroom is off white with dark oak furniture. The front door is stainless steel and glass with a bright red handle. Well over half my clothes are black, the rest dark gem tones.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SUV is candy apple red, my fave for vehicles. My bedroom is grey with white trim and doors, my front door is stained wood, the house is being sided right now in a medium grey with white trim. My house has a lot of accents of lavender, blue, and dark pink, mostly bouquets. Favorite flower color is bright red. I love to wear darker aquamarines, when I do people compliment me. When I wear yellow they ask me if I feel alright.
It's funny how your tastes change, years ago i stripped so much woodwork to get it stained, now I want grey walls and white painted woodwork. Also all wood foors. I've always loved stained kitchen cabinets, now the house we are redoing, an old farmhouse in the country, I visioned it with white cabinets and brushed chrome hardware and grey tile floor!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a favorite color, it all depends on my mood and what "thing" I'm looking at.
Our van is silver and our car is midnight blue (looks black), but we have decals all over them due to my husbands business - the primary business color (logo) is orange.
The main color in our bedroom is a brown color, but it's a true brown (grey undertone).
Our front door is currently a forest green (yuck) but that is just the color of it when we bought the house. I will be painting my house in the near future. The trimmings will be a slate / stone grey, and I will be paining my doors a rich raspberry (pinkish/purplish red color) or a rich greyish purple (more purple than grey).
I often gravitate to blues with my wardrobe, but I wear a variety of colors except for orange and some tones of yellow - they look horrible on me.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite color is forest green, our vehicle is silver grey, bedroom is sand beige with white trim, our front door is varnished oak, and you will normally we me in blue- as in blue jeans and, in this weather at least, t-shirt.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite color - depends on what it is on. Red for cars, soft yellow for a house, deep jewel tones for my clothes.
My car is silver. My husband picked it out since it was supposed to be his. He drives a lot for work so he took my then car (candy apple red Vibe) for work to keep the miles down on the new Subaru (the silver). If I had known he was going to do that I would have gotten the gorgeous red one on the showroom floor!
Bedroom is yellow. Front door is a funky green - it goes with the shutters which were on the house when we bought it.
I love wearing bright red, but can't due to rosacea but I also love wearing jewel tones. I HATE wearing beiges, tans or browns - to many years of having to wear that for work.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've always preferred different shades of blue but like some shades of green also. However, most of the rooms in our house are a light shade of gray.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might freak you out a bit but I with about 5% of the population have a form of Synesthesia where you see/feel people and animals moods and attitudes in color. So color has a large influence in my life.
This form of Synesthesia is where the sayings of black with anger, green with envy, purple is the color of madness, feeling blue or the blues etc. have come from. Most people are born with it..but its gone by 3 or 4 years old.
Great example of this is if there is a baby in the room with lots of people and another person walks in and the baby starts crying instantly, the baby has sensed something isn't quite right about that person that has just arrived. Sure many of you as mothers and parents have seen this. Also why your cats sometimes hate a person or love on a person..they have it too.
Its a huge advantage being a sales rep..or socializing animals, like with cats and horses, see the mood change before they have even twitched their tails. And the animals see this in you and there is a almost telepathic relationship you form.
So my favorite colors are deep chocolate browns..olive greens and cherry reds and oranges.
PS. If you come home in a bad mood and you cat wants nothing to do with you , you now know why.

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite color is blue. My car is a steel charcoal grey. Although right now it's mud brown. The walls are an off white and my front door is a pale peachy pinkish color. I usually wear blacks and blues. I'm not a dark person, those colors just look best on me.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite color is blue. My car is grey, bedroom is blue, front door is white and I like to wear blue and green.

Aico & Nacho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My favorite colors are blue, pink, and purple. My car is candy apple red, my SUV is silver. The walls in my room are light gray with white trim. My front door is white, but I'd like to paint it. I'm wearing a lot of black through the later days of my pregnancy, but I also like wearing shades of blue and white.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise

My favorite colors are green and navy blue.
Both of our cars are silver.
Our bedroom wall is standard house "off-white." Before we sell it, we are going to paint them all a nice beige. As far as accent colors, we have a blue and white quilt with grey or navy sheets and some orange accent pieces (wall art over our bed and a decorative clock). Bedroom furniture is oak (?) but leans more cherry, but isn't...red like cherry. I don't know how to describe it, lol!
Front door is a forest green.
I love wearing blues (any shade), deep green, reds, purples, and greys.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure if I can say favorite color, I like many but I can say least favorite to wear is yellow, I look awful in it.

My car is metallic gray.

Bedroom is Cornflower Blue (how's that for specific?)

Front door is dark brown with stained glass in it. Not because I wanted dark brown but because it was the only thing available that would fit - old house, odd size of entry. Did what we could with it. I do like the stained glass at least.

I mainly wear black. A. Lot. Of. Black. With pops of color sometimes but black is my go to. Or muted earth tones. I'm not one for shouting out my clothing but I'm open to wearing all colors (EXCEPT YELLOW)

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's your favorite color?

Various soft light pinks. I also really like Lilac and Blue.

What's the color of your car?

Midnight Blue

What's the main color in your bedroom?

White and Antique pink

What's the color of your front door?

White

What color do you like to wear?

Reds and Pinks, Black, Gold, Pastel Colours, Peach, Light yellow. I don't find I look good in browns, beige, dark purples, orange and some greens (Although I look good in Emerald Green. Other types like Olive green, not so much) I look tired/sickly or washed out.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite color: Aqua
Car: Dark Mulberry
Main bedroom color: Soft Grey
Front door: Oak
Wear: Black, maroon

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's your favorite color? Green or Gray
What's the color of your car? Silver
What's the main color in your bedroom? White/eggshell
What's the color of your front door? Easier to show than try to explain.
20190802_110511.jpg

What color do you like to wear? Whatever isn't bright and annoying.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's your favorite color? I've started to realize that my favorite color isn't dark pink or cornflower blue like I've always thought, but actually gray. I'm always drawn to grays and I love it.

What's the color of your car/truck? Maroon

What's the main color in your bedroom? White. I live in an apartment, there really isn't any other option.

What's the color of your front door? Wood, so brown.

What color do you like to wear? I'm drawn to gray, but I try to wear bright greens a lot because it is definitely "my" color. I always look good in green.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What's your favorite color? Lilac purple
What's the color of your car? Silver. I didn't really chose it. It was what the dealership had in the car we wanted.
What's the main color in your bedroom? The walls are white. It's one of the rooms we haven't gotten around to painting.
What's the color of your front door? Red
What color do you like to wear? Blue, plum, black, grey, brown.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorite color: Purple
Car: Purple. It's a Lincoln MKC and the color is tahitian pearl. Sometimes it looks black depending on the lighting. I love it.

upload_2019-8-2_12-53-10.png

Bedroom: Beige and light green

Front door is dark navy blue

I like to wear grays, blues, purples, etc.

ETA: That's a stock photo of the car.