Question of the Day, Friday, April 9

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We both use plates but since the dishwasher has broken down and I still haven't decided whether or not we need a new one, I'm a bit undecided. If paper plates or even a paper towel are unacceptable because of environmental concerns, then, by the same score, even cleaning a plate requires water. I suppose, if one keeps the counter clean anyway, and the cats don't jump up on it, then one could simply use the counter. I'll have to think about it! 🤔

🍽 or 🖐or 🧻

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the counter (I always wipe the counter before making anything) and a small plate...The bottom piece of bread goes on the plate, and the top piece and "fixings" go on the counter. Messy "fixings" stay in their packaging until needed, but I like to take everything out that I need...then I assemble, cutting the sandwich on the plate to help minimize extra crumbs/mess. I never use paper towels or paper plates...it's too wasteful for me.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always used a plate. I think my parents did also. or at least a paper towel..
We never really used paper plates, unless it was outside eating..
I have a few paper plates in her, but really never use them.

With Geoffrey, who is a counter/cabinet climber... it is ridiculous to keep the counter expertly clean.. although I try so much.. Clorox or Lysol wipes before and after making anything..

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummmm. Never on the counter. I prefur not to eat fur. ;)
My mother would always warn me about using a plate. Besides having pets in the house she worried about cutting anything because the counters could get scratched.
I use a plate, sometimes a paper towel but also make some sandwiches on a cutting board. It depends on what goes into the sandwich.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually a paper plate but when I'm feeling fancy, I use my good china which I rarely use. I'll use
a Waterford crystal water goblet for my bev when using good china.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm surprised by all the paper plate people. In Australia we really only use them for barbques etc.
I make mine on a tray-shaped ceramic plate.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. . .I don't make sandwiches very often. The sandwiches I do make usually involve lots of tomatoes, so a plate is a must, not just a paper towel, so assemblage occurs either on the plate or the cutting board I cut the tomatoes on, I think.