Question Of The Day, Friday, April 28

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :banana1:

If you had the opportunity to see any band or singer, dead or alive, who would it be?

Me? I'd sell my soul to see Prince during his Lovesexy tour.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :banana1:

If you had the opportunity to see any band or singer, dead or alive, who would it be?

Me? I'd sell my soul to see Prince during his Lovesexy tour.
Gosh I also wish I'd seen Prince. I used to go to SO many concerts when younger but somehow missed out on him. I discovered him way before he really hit big. What a genius and such a huge loss.

Led Zeppelin is one band I never got to see either.

Kate Bush too. OMG but she rarely tours even in her homeland, let alone crossing over the pond to the US.

Honestly I've seen just about every person/band I love so far. Tom and I have tickets to see some oldies but goodies coming up; Jethro Tull, King Crimson and Yes. Pretty sure I never saw Yes though so I'm looking forward to that one.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness, I can only pick ONE?

Tommy Dorsey and the Big Band sound; ANY of the Big Bands - Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Dizzy Gillespie with Sarah Vaughan, Tex Beneke, Sammy Kaye, Les Brown and his Band of Renown - I grew up with all that music in the house, and learned ballroom dancing from my folks. Really LOVE that era of music! Also: Chicago; Bing Crosby; Judy Garland; Mahalia Jackson; The Andrews Sisters; The Osmond Brothers (back when they were kids); The Beach Boys; Jan and Dean; Rickie Nelson (but not the concert at The Garden); Julie Andrews;

I've seen Cab Calloway, and Tony Bennett live, both were fantastic !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We saw Jethro Tull and Yes...maybe even together, with Heart. Excellent. I think that was the third or possibly the fourth time we had seen Tull and they truly do a wonderful concert. We used to go to Big Flats in New York to outdoor rock concerts and they would have three bands at a time.

Rick never got to see Zeppelin; I think he's always regretted that. There were two bands that he always wanted to see. He has always been a huge Santana fan and when he finally got to see him, Rick was like a little kid; he was that excited. And then a few years ago, we went to Canada to see AC/DC and he was jumping all over the place....he had always wanted to see AC/DC. They did not disappoint in the slightest. Oh my goodness, but they were simply fantastic.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I would have loved to see the Beatles in their early days, before the audience screaming got out of control.

I saw The Police too, in '84 Synchronicity tour & again when they reunited in '04 or around then. I would have loved to see them in their first tour of America, but I was too young to go to concerts then.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Paul Simon. He's doing a concert in Sioux Falls soon. I thought about getting a ticket. . .but meh. I don't really care about concerts. I can listen to the music at home without all the crowd noise and annoyance.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We saw Jethro Tull and Yes...maybe even together, with Heart. Excellent. I think that was the third or possibly the fourth time we had seen Tull and they truly do a wonderful concert. We used to go to Big Flats in New York to outdoor rock concerts and they would have three bands at a time.

Rick never got to see Zeppelin; I think he's always regretted that. There were two bands that he always wanted to see. He has always been a huge Santana fan and when he finally got to see him, Rick was like a little kid; he was that excited. And then a few years ago, we went to Canada to see AC/DC and he was jumping all over the place....he had always wanted to see AC/DC. They did not disappoint in the slightest. Oh my goodness, but they were simply fantastic.
I saw Tull back in the late 70's. I remember enjoying it a lot!
Last time I saw Heart (it's been a few concerts) it was at a very small venue in NYC. Probably no more than several hundred in the audience - was not an announced thing, I think they were in town and at the last minute decided to play. A friend of mine in the music industry was going and took me with him. That, was quite something since it was so intimately small.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have loved to go to Woodstock. Too bad I was only 18 years old & still lived in England. Luckily, at least most of it is on DVD. So many good people there - Canned Heat, Santana, Janis, Hendrix, etc., etc.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw Led Zeppelin, but it was a disappointment. I think it was the time Jimmy Page was really addicted, and he was sub-par. John Bonham was amazing, though!

I regret never seeing Jimi Hendrix. He played 80 miles from here when I was 18, but I thought there would be time to see him again. :(

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I run the gamut from the Beach Boys, The Righteous Bros., Leslie Gore, Aretha Franklin, The Four Seasons, The Temptations, to Janis Joplin, Blondie, (Debrorah Harry), Pat Benatar, Bruno Mars, Adele, and last but not least, Luciano Pavarotti and Enrico Caruso.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw Led Zeppelin, but it was a disappointment. I think it was the time Jimmy Page was really addicted, and he was sub-par. John Bonham was amazing, though!
I would have loved to see them at the Garden in 1976. To hear them play The Song Remains the Same, as they did so amazingly at that concert, would have been unforgettable.

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
A couple bands come into mind:

I was only 4 when Freddie Mercury died, and I have always wanted to see Queen with him as a lead singer instead of Paul Rodgers. I would most definitely like to see his flamboyant self rock the concert with his vocals and awesome poses.

Another band I'd like to see is Styx (the classic lineup from 1976-1983, not the new one with Lawrence Gowan. I prefer Dennis DeYoung better). I have fantasies of time-traveling to the seventies and seeing the band live in concert, and even hanging out with them backstage.

Also, my whole family loves Michael Jackson. In spite of the paparazzi prodding him for false accusations, I'd do anything to take a tour at his Neverland Ranch and see what it looks like.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have loved to see the Beatles in their early days, before the audience screaming got out of control.

I saw The Police too, in '84 Synchronicity tour & again when they reunited in '04 or around then. I would have loved to see them in their first tour of America, but I was too young to go to concerts then.
I would love to have seen the Beatles, too. Especially John Lennon. I was so much in love with him when I was in my teens. Yoko can stay home. UGH!

Muffy

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen so many bands I cannot even count. Winchester Winchester , Rick would be jealous. I've seen AC/DC four times. 2x's with Scott and 2x's with Johnson.
The ones I missed and wish I could've seen
U2
Bruce Springsteen
INXS (with Hutchence)
Queen (with Mercury)
and of course Elvis

It's funny, my 5 favorite voices of all time are the one's I never saw.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good question. I think I would have to choose between Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix or Tom Waits.