Question of the Day, Friday, April 2

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Tarte au sucre" (sugar pie). It was a staple in my family, but I never tried it as a kid. When my grandmother passed away, it was never made anymore and my family members would always talk about how much they loved tarte au sucre. So when I got older and as "the new baker" in the family, I got my great grandmas recipe (the one my grandma also used), and started making them for Christmas. Everyone loved them! Then one year, I finally tried a piece (I don't usually eat dessert at Christmas as I'm usually always too full), and EWE! I don't know what is wrong with my family! LOL!!!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child I loathed rice pudding - probably because it was either burnt, the rice was not cooked or just too liquid. Today, I cook rice pudding whenever I have milk left over and my grownup grandsons love it.
But, far worse than rice pudding, was tapioca pudding. It tasted like eating wallpaper paste!
Most desserts are fine but the portions are far too large. - so only acceptable if there's someone to share it with.