Question of the day, Friday, 15 March, 2024

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No tattoos, no desire for one.

Funny story, though, my grandfather had a tattoo on his forearm. For years, I thought it was something related to the service (he was in the Army Air Force in the Pacific during WWII), like something related to the specific group he was in. Then, relatively recently, my aunt (who is the keeper of the things) was showing me some of these, including some photo albums and tucked into a page was a slip of paper with a stylized hula girl ... and that was actually the image the tattoo artist had put on there. Well, 30 years after he got that tattoo (when I would have seen it), it didn't even look like it was supposed to be a person. I'm not sure if that speaks to tattoo skills in the 1940s or the effects of time/age.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have four with plans for two more within the next year. My advice, if you plan to get one make sure you pick a good artist (see their fresh AND healed portfolio) and don't go in with too many expectations. It is technically a form of art and you are paying an artist to do it. If you go in with an hard set what you think it should look like and where it should go you could do yourself a major disservice.

One is a memorial to my childhood cat and 17 years old with an outline touchup. The other three are from the same artist whose work I really mesh with.

1000007988.jpg
1000006984.jpg
20231031_084949.jpg
Screenshot_20231031_075150_Instagram.jpg

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Weekend!!!

Do you have a tattoo? What does it look like? pics are welcome
If not do you want one?

I do not have one but I am not sure if I want one

What about you?
They are SUPER addicting in my opinion. I have maybe 20ish? Soon adding my kitties paws!
IMG_7985.jpeg
IMG_8138.jpeg
IMG_8030.png