Question of the Day, 4th of July...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another who doesn't tan on purpose. I wear suncream every day, even in winter, I get a bit of colour from just being outdoors but I would never lay out in the sun.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

One of our friends is a true sun worshipper and she goes really brown, but towards the end of the summer she looks all patchy from too much of it.
Is she trying to look "slimmer"?
I assume that's one big reason why people make that decision.

I don't willfully tan. If it happens, fine, if not - that's fine too.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Is she trying to look "slimmer"?
I assume that's one big reason why people make that decision.
No, she just likes to look like a bronzed goddess but it ends up looking patchy and dirty from too much exposure to it

Weve had some really hot days here in the UK so she's already tanned, then she's going to Turkey in a couple of weeks where the temperatures at the moment are in the 40's, and all she'll do for the 2 weeks during the day is lie in the full sun. She uses bottles of sun lotion but she can't accept that she's still damaging her skin. Then in a couple of months she's coming with me on a cruise around the Med, but hopefully by then it'll have cooled down a bit

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just kinda let the tan get me, LOL! I've only intentionally tanned once (in a tanning bed) and that was because it was free with my gym membership and I wanted to see what the big deal was. Though I currently AM trying to get a tan on my legs to try and make them even with my arms, LOL!